Friday, June 20, 2014

What's a good zoom lens for Canon 500D?




Nanananana


I would want a zoom or telephoto zoom lens for my dslr, but I can't decide on what model is best for me. My budget is at least $800. Do you have any suggestions? I'm just a beginner that's why I wouldn't exceed $800. Thanks!


Answer
you can consider buying Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Y794O?ie=UTF8&tag=bestdeals-y-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0007Y794O

Canon Rebel XSi & lenses...




bry1105


I'm thinking about purchasing my first DSLR; the Canon Rebel XSi. From what I know from research and have read in reviews, it seems like a lot of camera for the money / a lot of bang for the buck. Also good for a beginner with DSLRs. Say I get one. Lets talk lenses.... Would a Tamron Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-300mm fit onto the Rebel? (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=347531&is=REG&si=rev#anchorToReadReviews) I'm thinking of getting this lens to cover all my lens needs (wide angle all the way to telephoto) with only one lens. Why? Because it would be convenient to have only one lens and also there would be less chance for dust to enter while changing lenses. Is this a smart idea? Or should I get the kit with the standard 18-55mm lens and buy a separate telephoto lens?


Answer
Yes, it seems that lens will fit on the XSi.

I'd be wary of that lens due to its huge zoom range. That lens has a zoom of about 10x (300/28 = 10). *Generally* lenses with over 5x zoom range make compromises in image quality in order to accommodate the extra zoom. That can be seen in this lens with the f/6.3 at the long end - that's slow. It may be convenient to have that range but it comes at a cost. Also, as previously mentioned, with the 1.6x crop factor the 28mm becomes 44.8mm which isn't really covering the wide angle anyways.

If I were you I'd go with the kit and then get a separate telephoto. The newest version of the 18-55mm (the IS) is supposed to be a pretty decent lens for the money. One think I'd look out for when choosing your telephoto is the 75-300mm that they sell at all the big electronics stores. It's a pretty crappy lens, especially for what they charge for it. If you can find it used for $100 I'd go for it. Otherwise I'd get the 100-300mm or the 70-300mm.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment