Saturday, June 21, 2014

I need advice on what DSLR camera to get?




Muggles


I'm looking into a camera that would be great for portraits, landscapes, action, and possibly spontaneous and indoor pictures. I cannot spend too much money- nothing over a thousand. Some features I'm looking for are:
-Fast multipoint autofocus
-Image stabilization
-Live view LCD (possibly one you can flip 180degrees)
-Extended dynamic range
-Low noise at high ISO settings
-Image noise reduction for slow shutter speeds

Some not so important, but prefered features would be:
-Color control
-Reduced crop factor
-Dust control system
I'm looking for a semi-professional or professional camera.



Answer
Hi,

All DSLRs are good for portraits etc.

- All have 9 and more points
- IS depends on lens
- Live View is there but a useless gimmick for now, viewfinder is the best
- Extended...lol, that's just marketing
- Many models have low ISO now
- That's there on every model too

- Color control - nope, if any filters at all, they aren't for controlling but for fun
- You can't change the size of a sensor
- All have it now

Nikon D3100, D5100 and Canon EOS T2i and T3i would be the best.

Here's a DSLR Buying Guide - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/11/which-dslr-to-buy/

What DSLR camera should I buy?




e.starkim


Hey I've been wondering which Nikon camera I should buy. Preferably lightweight, but I really don't care. I am a big macro photographer and I want a camera that has really, really close up macro functions. It should have auto-focus, video-recording, in very high-quality range, and ability to change amount of light. I'd appreciate if it's a camera from Nikon but Sony is alright too. I have $1500 to spend and no more. If there's a camera that you thought was really great, recommend it here, please!
Thanks ^-^



Answer
All DSLRs have auto focus (well it depends on the lens but all today do it), all latest have video and high quality range is also there, but buying the camera doesn't just mean your pictures will look amazing.

What's wrong with Canon? With Nikon, these two are on top, Sony is the new dog.

Canon EOS T2i, T3i, 60D, Nikon D3100 and D5100 would be the best. Since you are into macro, you should buy a macro lens, there are no functions that's just horrible marketing tricks.

Here's a DSLR Buying Guide - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/11/which-dslr-to-buy/

The site also has lens guides.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment