Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Best camera for wedding photography?




maria


I am interested in doing some of my friends wedding photos, what is the best digital slr camera and lens for this?


Answer
In any photography the most important thing is 3 inches behind the viewfinder.

Any camera that gives photos of high enough quality to meet the clients needs will do. For some clients a digital point and shoot is OK. For others, only a medium format film camera will do.

I use a Canon digital SLR with a 24-85 zoom and a 70-200 zoom for most of the weddings I shoot, and a medium format film camera for the rest. I shoot with my digital quality/resolution always set to RAW and Kodak Professional Portra for film.

Before you shoot a wedding be sure you have the skills, knowledge, and experience to feel comfortable in capturing a once-in-a-lifetime event. And be sure your friends agree you have all that...

LENS FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY:PHOTOJOURNALISTIC?




Shelby


Hey photographers! It is Christmas time and parental units are asking me what lens I want this year! What is your favorite lens you use for wedding/engagement photography? Canon lenses please, however if you are a Nikon shooter go ahead and share, I can research the Canon equivalent. A general purpose lens would be nice, but share your favorite! Thanks!


Answer
You really should mention the camera you have, the budget and the lenses you already have.

For wedding photography the 24-70mm f2.8L is synomous with weddings.
That lens ended up being too heavy for my style. Now i use the 24mm f2.8@and 50mm f1.8 as my main lenses on my canon 500d.

The 28mm f1.8 is also nice but it is too soft wide open.

The 70-200mm f2.8L is a lens everyone should own at some point.

The 16-35mm f2.8L is also a great lens if you arent afraid of getting close to your subject.

You should really choose the lena that fills the gap in your equipment list. You dont need two wide angles or two fast primes.

On my primary camera body. A rangefinder, i love using a 40mm f1.4 and a 21mm f4. They are great for street, wedding and photojournalism




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment