Thursday, February 20, 2014

Best DSLR Camera for Beginners?




Shadsha23


I'd really like to purchase a DSLR camera (preferably Nikon or Canon). I'd like one that would be usable for beginners, but will still be good for a long while when I'm experienced with it and more "professional". I don't have thousands of dollars to spend--I want something that is affordable (preferably under or around 500, because I know that's about as cheap as it gets with SLRs). I love macro photography, and would like to get into portrait photography, but I also want something that I can use for quick, random snapshots. I'm not experienced and don't know the first thing about what to look for, so any help you could give would be appreciated(:


Answer
ANY dSLR is good for beginners. They all work the same, you just need to learn how to balance the shutter speed, lens aperture and ISO to produce nearly perfect exposures ... that and producing well composed images What you pay for it is irrelevant

Budget entry level dSLR:

Nikon - D3100
Canon - 1100D/T3

Next step up:

Nikon - D5100
Canon - 600D/T3i

Which DSLR camera for beginners?




Jaylin


I want to buy a DSLR camera. I am a beginner photographer & I am interested in portrait, landscape, spontaneous and some macro photography.I would also want the camera to record. I don't want it to be too bulky since I like to travel and would like to take it with me. The maximum price it can be is $700 USD. I would preferably like it to be around $500 - $600 USD.

Thank You! :D



Answer
You are not going to get what you want for $500-$600, even $700

The cheapest DSLR's with a single 18-55mm kit lens is going to cost you $600. And that won't record video. You'd need to jump up to an entry level DSLR such as the Nikon D3100. This retails at $699. The kit lens you will get with it will be fine for landscape photography, but won't work very well for macro, or portrait phototography. You'll need two seperate lenses for that. For poraits you'd need something like a 50mm f/1.8 prime.... another $100. And for macro photography you are looking at something like the f/2.8mm 60mm macro lense... another $500. And every photographer needs a telephoto, so you'll need a 55-200mm minimum for a good zoom... another $250. Then you also need to look at other equpiment such as tripods, lens filters, and at least a hot shoe flash.

To get started with what you want to do, you are looking at having to stretch your budget to about $1,000 - $1,200




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment