Friday, December 27, 2013

Right lens for disney world vacation?

best camera lens for disney world on ... SLR Camera w/ EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens ($500-5000) - Svpply
best camera lens for disney world image



tvxq


I'm taking my 18-55mm lens and 75-300mm lens for our vacation to disney world. I just want to know your opinion if I will need the 75-300mm lens at Magic Kingdom? I'm positive that I will need it at Animal Kingdom. I don't want to take my bulky camera bag with me in the parks. How about Epcot and Hollywood Studios? And also is it fine to use tripod inside the parks? I'm traveling with my husband and I'm hoping to get few shots together. Thanks!


Answer
Stick with the 18-55 and forget about the tripod. You can get a little GorillaPod if you want to use a tripod, or just hand your camera to any of the 1000s of people who will be in the park. Generally, I look for people who have a dSLR of he same brand around their neck, because they are most likely going to be able to shoot the photo with minimal oversight. You would have a hard time swinging your camera around you by the strap without hitting at least 1 or 2 people with a similar camera anywhere in the park.

What digital camera is good for taking night time pictures and fireworks?




TWil


I have 2 cameras and neither takes very good night time pics or pics of fireworks. I will be going to Disney World soon and I want to get some nice night time pics. Any help would be great. What camer do you use when you go to Disney World?


Answer
I think your ideal camera setup would be a digital SLR with high ISO capabilities (and low noise at those high ISO settings) and a lens with image stabilization OR a tripod-mounted setup.

Reasons:
- Digital: because you will be able to review your work and reshoot as necessary. As per the other commentor's recommendation, a digital Canon Rebel should be fine.
- High ISO (~800) will allow you to use faster shutter speeds which will steady your show; however, if you are going for longer shutter speeds for that 'movement' effect, higher ISO and short shutter speeds are not so much a factor.
- Low noise is important (the digital equivalent of 'grain')...and you will see more noise as you use a higher ISO with a darker subject. The nice thing is that Photoshop has a noise remover, so even if you shoot at 1600 with a lot of noise, it can be taken out later.
- Image stabilization on the lens (or on the body if you have a point-and-shoot) is helpful, esp if you are using a telephoto range; otherwise, your firework streams will streak left and right, or up and down.
- A less expensive alternative to the image stabilizer is the tripod...takes more time to setup however. ALSO, you should not use a tripod AND an image stabilized lens at the same time (if mounting an image stabilized lens on a tripod, turn off the image stabilization.)

Other tips, your autofocus may not know what it is focusing on when dealing with fireworks...if this is the case, set your camera to manual focusing and focus at just under or at infinity.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment