Thursday, December 26, 2013

What kind of Canon camera lens should I buy?

best canon lens for landscape on Canon Product Reviews and Ratings - 35mm & Digital SLR Lenses - Canon ...
best canon lens for landscape image



Philip


I have been researching camera lenses but I do not know which one to buy. I have a Canon T2I, but I want a lens that is good for low-lighting, action shots, landscapes, and zooming. My budget is $500. Please let me know what I should buy and why. Thanks!


Answer
With your budget of $500.00 your best choice is the Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM which is perfect for low-light use. About $400.00 depending on where you shop. Since its a prime lens (no zoom) you'll have to learn to "zoom" like we did before there were zoom lenses - walk closer to get less of a scene, walk backwards to get more of a scene.

The 18mm end of your 18-55mm zoom is fine for landscapes.

For action/sports you'll need to save more and buy the EF 70-200mm f4L IS USM zoom which is about $1,350.00 depending on where you shop.

Can someone recommend a good lens for landscape photography?




:)


I recently bought a Canon 7D (love it) and have been using a 50mm 1.4, and I need a good lens for landscape (oceans, mountains, cities, etc)

My budget is no more than $700, please help



Answer
The Canon 10-22 is a great wide lens, as others have suggested.


I would also suggest a long lens like the Canon 200mm f/2.8 $750. You can produce some very interesting landscape images using long lenses. You can either compress a scene like this:

http://www.altitudestock.com/image/I0000asdE7BBG3_
http://www.altitudestock.com/image/I0000BWRhwArPUDY


Or you can use a long lens to take several images to stitch into a pano like this:

http://www.altitudestock.com/image/I0000myj1G1Cy6Rk


All of those images were made using a 200mm lens.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment