Wednesday, December 25, 2013

what is the best dslr camera and lens for an amateur photographer?

dslr camera lens nikon on Nikon D7000 DSLR Camera Kit with Nikon 18-105mm DX VR Lens
dslr camera lens nikon image



couthiewoo


I am seriously thinking about investing in a new DSLR camera. The problem is...there are just so many out there. I've been reading review after review, but I can't seem to find a standout.

My question is this: what is the best DSLR camera out there for ametuers? Keeping in mind, I am a beginner and will need to learn how to use the bad boy, but I don't want that to handicap my camera choice.

Any thoughts?



Answer
I personally prefer Nikon (strictly for DSLRs).

The Nikon D40 is a great camera, and I would recommend that if you get a Nikon, put the money you save by getting the D40 towards getting extra lenses or maybe a Nikon Speedlight like the SB-400.

The Nikon D40 is a great camera, try it out at a store, and see if you like it. It is also the least expensive of the Nikons, but about the same in terms of what it offers.

Last of all, try http://cnet.com - they have great reviews on every camera imaginable. http://dpreview.com is another great site for that. Check them both out!

You can get the D40 with an excellent kit lens from Amazon for about $450.00

Any other questions, feel free to send me a message.

zlh.

Help with finding the right dslr camera lens?




Jackie


I'm looking into buying my first dslr camera but I'm kind of confused on what kind of lens to get. I'm looking for something with a really good zoom and I know for a point and shoot camera I'd want something that is over a 20x Zoom so what would this equal to for a dslr lens? I hope this makes sense, I don't know much about dslr cameras.


Answer
The most common kit lens is 18-55mm
which translates to 55/18 = 3.05x zoom

Nikon makes a 18-300mm, which translates to 16.67x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-300mm.htm

A 300mm fixed focus lens means 0x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/3004af.htm

You are looking at proper DSLR's & they dont operate the same way as point & shoots




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment