Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What type of filter should I use on my lens for beach shots?




Andy Green


I own a Nikon D5000 DSLR camera with a standard 18-55 lens. My wife and I are going on vacation with her big family and I have been nominated to take family photos of everyone on the beach. Right now I just have a basic UV filter I use but is there another filter I should use for these photos like a Polarizing filter or something else? What about a lens hood? Please help!! I am getting nervous about these photos I am going to take. They were going to hire a professional but since I have a DSLR camera, they think I am a professional now!! Please help!


Answer
Why do people think that DSLR = professional?

Anyway, I would definitely use a lens hood, and a circular polarizer is a good idea too. If it's cloudy though, skip the polarizer for that day, its main purpose is to reduce glare.

SLR DIGITAL CAMERA HIRE/RENTAL?

Q. I'm wanting to hire or rent a digital camera SLR for my HSC body of work for visual arts, only for a week at max, or even one/two days ... i don't really care. I've tried looking on GOOGLE and it seems so expensive...

Does anyone know any cheap rental/hire places etc, in the Sydney area?


Answer
What you need to find is a good camera store in your area. I am in the US but I'm sure that you can find a couple of good camera stores in Sydney. Most good privately owned camera stores here rent out equipment at reasonable rates. You should be able to rent a good DSLR camera and lens for $50-$100 US dollars a day. A lot will depend on the value of the camera and lens. You will probably need to have a credit card that will cover the replacement cost of the equipment if you break it or don't bring it back though.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment