Sunday, February 16, 2014

Which of these cameras is best?




AnkA


I know nothing of cameras. I need a camera for high resolution, something that can record videos (with good sound), and it needs zoom that is decent. I have about $1500. I need the answer fast because Costco is having some rebates before this Saturday. Some of my friends have the Canon T3i and the pictures come out really high resolution. That's what I really want. Is there a huge difference between 24 and 18? Which of these is the best?

Canon:
http://www.costco.com/Canon-Rebel-T3i-DSLR-Camera-2-Lens-Bundle.product.11760020.html

http://www.costco.com/Canon-T4i-DSLR-Camera-2-Lens-Bundle.product.100025018.html

http://www.costco.com/Canon-EOS-60D-DSLR-Camera-with-18-200mm-Lens-Bundle.product.11680756.html

http://www.costco.com/Canon-EOS-7D-DSLR-Camera-with-28-135mm-Lens-Bundle.product.100014084.html

Nikon:
http://www.costco.com/Nikon-D600-Full-Frame-DSLR-Camera-2-Lens-Bundle.product.100012382.html

http://www.costco.com/Nikon-D3200-DSLR-Camera-2-Lens-Bundle.product.100007777.html



Answer
Best is subjective.
Check out the functions and features of each and buy the one that ticks the most boxes.

"Zoom" is a function of the lens(es) not the camera. Lenses are available for DSLRs from 6mm to 1200mm focal length giving a zoom of 200x - just not in the same lens!

Without wishing to be too condescending, because of the way you have asked the question I would recommend the Nikon D3200 or Canon T4i. Use the rest of your budget to buy additional lenses after you have had the camera for a month or 2 and worked out which extra lens(es) are best for your particular useage pattern.

Switching from Nikon to Canon. Should I get the kit lens?




Alex


I have a few questions to be answered, if you can help me, please do.

I own a Nikon D3000 and I feel really left out because it doesn't have any type of movie mode. I really like DSLR video and know a lot about film making and wish to put into play some of my knowledge. But I still want to use this camera for photography. Pretty much everyone prefers Canon for videos and Nikon for photos. I was thinking of getting a D7000 for video because I am already acquainted with Nikon's workflow/menus and such while still maintaining that nice Nikon photo quality.

Question 1: Should I get a Canon or Nikon?

I own an 18-55mm kit lens and a 55-200mm f/4-5.6 Nikon lenses, which obviously aren't too great. I am already moderately experienced and am not really at an 'entry level'.

Question 2: Should I get the camera body only and buy a nice prime or wide angle zoom or buy the camera bundled with the 18-55mm kit lens?

What I will be using the camera for -
-Short films
-Elaborate vacation videos (i.e. NOT just walking around "so here's the pizza place" kind of stuff. Full-blown, brilliant quality travel videos.)
-Shooting at night-time/at fairs and boardwalks at night and what-not.
-Travel photography

Question 3: What lens should I pick with my camera body (if suggested)?

I am on about a $700 budget for one camera body and 1 or 2 lenses. I already have about $600+ worth of gear collected throughout the past 3 years. I'm only 14, so I don't have all the money at my disposal. I work my butt off doing manual labor so I can get this camera bundle for as inexpensive as possible. I'm going on vacation in June, so I need to have it by then and have no birthdays or special occasions coming up besides my 8th grade graduation.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated greatly. Have a nice day, everyone.



Answer
I NEVER suggest that someone with one camera system switch

Why?

Two things

* the cost of replacing the lenses you have already
* the time it will take to learn the new operation system of the new camera system

I am surprise you are not just updating to the very high quality D3200

Your only choice in your budget of $700 is the Canon T3i/600D

Here is how the Nikon D3200 and T3i/600D sensors compare

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Compare-Camera-Sensors/Compare-cameras-side-by-side/(appareil1)/801%7C0/(brand)/Nikon/(appareil2)/692%7C0/(brand2)/Canon

My guess is that you are relying on anecdotal conversations on this and other sites, but have not done the independent research to see if upgrading your D3000 with a Nikon D3200 will give you what you want and you can use the lenses you have without spending the money necessary to buy similar Canon lenses

You do know that you are going against the tide moving from Nikon to Canon.

My colleagues who shoot professionally have been slowly moving from Canon to Nikon due to the better sensor performance and other things.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment