Saturday, June 21, 2014

What's the cheapest digital camera I can get with interchangeable lens?




Riley


I'm kind of interested in photography right now, but I don't want to spend much on it because every time I bought a camera in the past it ended up in the back of my wardrobe never seeing the light of the day.

Now I've learned a bit more about it and I'd like a camera with interchangeable lens to play around with, but I want one that is as cheap as possible, since I'll probably forget it soon enough.



Answer
I've had interchangeable lens cameras for 35 years and I am still waiting for a digital camera with interchangeable lenses worth investing in. The market is moving so fast that in three years you would have a hard time using the lenses on a new body or vice versa.

Unless there is a specific function like fisheye or perspective shift a fixed wide range zoom is a much better buy, and then you would have few choices. KODAK EASYSHARE Z981 for $250 has14 megapixels and 26-676 mm lens (35mm equivalent). You can't buy two lenses for that price. Just about every camera maker makes a similar model, just make sure it has manual focus, aperture and other settings.

Need help selecting a interchangeable lens camera?




Amber


I am looking at purchasing an ILC and want suggestions. I haven't looked at very many, but am hoping you might have some suggestions. I will talk about 2 that I have researched a little bit and why I like or dislike them.

Sony-NEX f3... this camera has a slightly higher price tag than the other one I reviewed, but has a better sensor as well. It takes better pictures at higher ISOs.

Panasonic Lumix GF3... this camera has more lenses available, and has a cheaper price tag. It doesn't do so well in low light situations.

Does anyone have any comments on either of these cameras? Or like I said can you recommend a different one?

I am looking for a camera for a hobbyist that I can get professional-like pictures from. I plan on printing up to 11x17 pictures.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
I apologize as my lack of correct terminology has insulted some people. I am not trying to go professional and I never will. I appreciate the art, but it just isn't for me as a career. In that sense I am a newbie and always will be :) Anyway, for those of you who don't understand what I meant about "professional-like" I wasn't referring to composition, white balance, depth of field, or exposure. Rather I meant crisp, sharp, and etc photos. I know the photographer can influence these results as well, but some cameras can do this better than others. I am not naive enough to think that I can just pick a certain camera and be awesome at it.

I genuinely appreciate the other answers I have gotten thus far.



Answer
Both cameras will produce good 11x14 prints. Don't get hung up on the NEX having fewer lens options when buying new lenses. The NEX mount can accept a host of older manual focus lenses (like M42) via adapters. There's a link in my source that covers the various adapters available for the NEX.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment