Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Just for interest sake, what camera and lens equipment do you own? and what type of photography do you do?




David Jane


I own a Nikon D60, with 18 - 55 mm lens.
A Manfrotto tripod and camera bag.

I plan to buy a Nikon D90, flash to mount, with a zoom lens, wide angled lens and a macro lens.
I want to shoot portraiture, and events with the occasional landscape and wild life shot.



Answer
Current equipment list....

Cameras...

Digital
Canon 40D

Film
Canon A-1
Fujica ST-605
2x Zenit EM
Cosina PM1
Sigma Mark 1
Olympus Trip 35
Olympus XA2
Ricoh 500GX
Ricoh FF3 AF Super
Cosmic 35
Yashica A
Voigtlander Vito C
Wirgin Edixa
Fujica Auto-M
Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2

Lenses

Lots and lots, I'm not at home so can't recall them all right now. Most are fixed length prime manual focus lenses. I think I own only 3 zooms, Canon 35-135mm, 70-200mm and a Sigma 39-80mm in M42 mount. I have about 7-8 prime lenses in M42 that I use for my SLR's and also on my 40D with an adapter. I also have a few Canon FD lenses including a 50mm f/1.4 and Vivitar 200mm f/3.5... Most of the cameras I prefer to use have a fixed lens and is not interchangeable, such as the Zuiko 40mm f/2.8 on the Olympus Trip 35.

Other equipment includes...

Various external flashes (which I never use)
Camera shoulder bag
Tripod
Filters
Lens hoods
Grey Card
Computer software
Film (Fuji X-Tra 400 is a current favourite)

etc......

Nearly all of my digital equipment is unused these days, I prefer to have a small 35mm rangefinder or zone focus camera with a fast prime lens which I can carry in my pocket, rather than have to lug around a DSLR.

My favourite style of shooting is street photography, hence my preference for small, quiet, unobtrusive cameras.

http://www.ianfisher.info
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianfisher

.

Model number of type of camera lens?




Orange Blo


I would like to get a close friend a camera lens for the holidays. I managed to get some clues and ideas to specifically pick out what she wants. I know shes uses a canon (i dont know the model) and Tokina lenses. Can anyone tell me what a "full frame" lens is and what type of Tokina lens (model) would produce that type of image?

I've searched online and I dont understand the specs of the lenses as I am not a photographer so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.



Answer
You still don't have enough clues.

Does your friend in fact have a Canon 5D or 1D camera, thus the need for EF or EF compliant lenses (full frame)? The most important thing you would need to know is 1) what lenses she has already and 2) what subjects she shoots but does not have the lenses she wants

Just buy your friend a gift card and let her pick the lenses she wants

Here is a link to all the Canon cameras available for full frame Canon cameras

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup

and all the Tokina lenses

http://www.thkphoto.com/products/tokina/index.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment