Saturday, June 21, 2014

Canon T3i Rebel 600D Square Lens Hood?




Andrew


i have a Canon T3i Rebel (600D) with a 50mm f/1.8 lens , I would really like a sqaure lens hood but having no luck finding one , do they even exists for this DSLR with this lens? i found some on eBay but they probably wont fit , i mean i could tape it to my lens :/ any help would be greatly appreciated http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/58mm-Hood-Shade-Square-Canon-18-55mm-75-300mm-lens-/320759527712?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaec1f920


Answer
Except for certain video camera lenses and Cokin P series filters system, the only square lens shades were Leitz Summaron 28mm Soobk lens hood used on the M series rangefinder cameras. There may be others, but those are the only ones I have ever used.

I would be skeptical of any one selling a lens hood that is supposed to provide coverage on to such divers lenses, the 18-55 (wide angle to medium telephoto) AND a 70-300 mm medium telephoto to long telephoto lens ... if you just think about it, it will make sense to you.

NOTE: Unless the camera has internal focusing, the square lens hood would rotate as the lens focused.

I suggest you just buy the lens hood made for your lens by Canon. Canon ES-62 Lens Hood with Hood Adapter 62 for EF 50mm f/1.8

Canon Rebel T3i/600D lens?




Joe


I'm gonna get my first DSLR soon, which is going to be the Canon Rebel T3i.

The whole kit for $899.99 comes with the kit lens which is the (EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6) lens.

I was looking into it and I saw this really nice lens on amazon, which is the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II for $125. I was wondering if I should get the body of the T3i only for $799.99..

So basically, should I get the Full Kit for $899.99 or the T3i and the EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens 924.99? Which do you think is a better deal? Or should I get the full kit now and then get the EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens later on..

Are the kit lens any good? I really like the focus on the 50mm lens after I saw some test videos on YouTube.



Answer
Get the kit lens and stick with it while you learn how to use a DSLR. The kit lens is a sharp lens, covers a very useful focal length range, and has image stabilization. Trying to decide on a different lens without having a good amount of experience with a DSLR is like worrying about car tires without knowing how to drive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment