Saturday, June 21, 2014

Right lens for disney world vacation?




tvxq


I'm taking my 18-55mm lens and 75-300mm lens for our vacation to disney world. I just want to know your opinion if I will need the 75-300mm lens at Magic Kingdom? I'm positive that I will need it at Animal Kingdom. I don't want to take my bulky camera bag with me in the parks. How about Epcot and Hollywood Studios? And also is it fine to use tripod inside the parks? I'm traveling with my husband and I'm hoping to get few shots together. Thanks!


Answer
Stick with the 18-55 and forget about the tripod. You can get a little GorillaPod if you want to use a tripod, or just hand your camera to any of the 1000s of people who will be in the park. Generally, I look for people who have a dSLR of he same brand around their neck, because they are most likely going to be able to shoot the photo with minimal oversight. You would have a hard time swinging your camera around you by the strap without hitting at least 1 or 2 people with a similar camera anywhere in the park.

How do you protect your camera from theft at Walt Disney World?




question


I am a high school student who has to take photos of the upcoming field trip to Florida.We will be flying from TEXAS. I will be bringing a EOS digital Canon Rebel with lens. I am worried that since the camera is so big, that somebody will try to steal it! Any Suggestions? Also, if I want to go on a ride, and I have my gigantic camera with me, what do I do with the camera? Do I hold on to it during the ride?
Finally, is there any gear that I can get that will prevent me from losing the camera? The camera is quite expensive.



Answer
I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you're not leaving your camera completely unattended, I'm sure it won't get stolen. As others have mentioend, since it's a school trip, if there's a teacher or chaperone not going on the ride maybe they could hold it for you. All of the rides have baskets or holding areas anyway, though. For example, on DINOSAUR there is a pull out basket that can hold a large camera. On Kali River Rapis there's a compartment in the center of the raft to hold everyone's bags and belonging so they do not get wet or damaged. I imagine you could probably have a Cast Member look after your camera as well. There are Cast Members at the loading areas for each ride. Explain to them that you have a large, valuable camera that you're worried about, and as if they'd be able to keep an eye on it for a few minute while you're on the ride. I'm sure mothers carrying larger items like diaper bags do it all the time.

Hope I could help! Have a great time!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment