Friday, June 20, 2014

Help me select an extra lens for a DSLR camera!?




Cheryl W


I bought a Nikon D7000 camera bundle that came with a VR 18-105mm, f/3.5 zoom lens. I am wanting to add a lens, should I get the VR 55-300mm, f/4.5-5.6 or the VR 18-200mm, f/3.5? I want to learn landscape (especially waterfalls, running water) and astro-photography mainly, hopefully some wildlife too. I can only afford one additional lens for a while, which is the best choice between these two? And what lens should I save for next?

I asked this question before but from reading some of the responses, I wasn't too clear about my situation. So thank you if you answered before, and feel free to give me any more insight. I really appreciate any help or advice you can give!



Answer
ask the same question twice, get the same answer twice

A 18-200 is way too short for wildlife, a 300mm is barely enough

What are some good lenses for making good videos for a Nikon D7000?




Josh e


I'm trying to get into the video business. And I've got a stock lens 18-105mm, and I was curious as to what other lenses would be good for music videos, or any other type of video.


Answer
You should sell the 7000 and get an actual video camera. Despite popular belief, DSLRs are not good for video and are not replacements for actual video cameras. DSLRs = meant to shoot stills, video cameras = meant to record video.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment