Sunday, June 1, 2014

Which lens should I get for my canon rebel XTi?

Q. Ive been working at a photography studio for 2 years. I have since decided to branch out on my own, and after some disagreements i am having to get all new stuff. For my canon rebel xti 10.1 MP, im not sure which lens I should get? This will be for portraits and weddings and such. I just need to make sure I can zoom enough. I have been using a canon 30D, and love it. and I need this one to be up to par as well. help!


Answer
you might consider Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Digital SLR Lens
This lens is just about perfect, and I don't throw that word around much. It yields blistering sharpness across the frame even at f/2.8 with punchy colors and great contrast. AF is pretty quick for a macro lens and silent as not to disturb the insects or other little critters you may be photographing. The build quality is sturdy with a nice texture on the barrel and a good feel to the focus ring. This lens functions as my portrait lens as well and does a good job kicking backgrounds out of focus at f/2.8 while rendering the subject with remarkable sharpness and clarity. In fact, it may be too sharp for some portrait work, you could count the pores on the subject's skin! You can't go wrong with this lens. I consider it a "must buy" for anyone with a Canon EF-S compatible camera.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007WK8KS?ie=UTF8&tag=bestdeals-y-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0007WK8KS

What kind of lens should I buy for Canon Digital Rebel Xti?




Sally


I'm more of a hobby photographer. I like to photograph things around me, like landscape and animals and people in natural settings. I've done my research and the Canon Digital Rebel Xti looks right for me. I'm not completely new to photography, but im new to these SLR cameras and i'm confused about what lens I should buy.


Answer
If you buy the kit, XTi comes with 18-55mm lens with it. This is great great lens for most beginners. If you are buying the body separately, there are number of lens you can chose. You can also buy the above mentioned lens.

If you are buying the body only, I suggest buying a good lens. Eventually you will realize that you want to do more than just photograph the landscape and animals. And then you will want to a good zoom lens with macro feature. So why waste the money later if you can buy a lens know at slightly higher cost.

Simply make sure that the lens is either EF or EF-S. These canon (or after market lens from Sigma or Tamron) can be used in any EOS rebel DSLR. So that even if you wish to upgrade your camea, you will still be able to use the lens.

28-250mm is a great all purpose lens that I have and is my favorite.




Rohn




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment