Saturday, June 7, 2014

Are Vivitar tripods any good for serious photographers? + What other gifts are ideal for photographers?




Arun





Answer
Most photographic equipment is personal preference.

If you want a tripod for a small $100 P&S (point & shoot) camera, then Vivitar/ Sunpak/ Weng Dong (or other chinese sounding name) would be okay. For a SLR or DSLR camera,then get a trusted brand...Manfrotto/Bogen,Vanguard, Slik, Gitzo, etc

As far as other ideas...
1) Gift cards to a local camera shop (not bestbuy/walmart)
2) Gift card to B&H Photo... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/giftCard.jsp
3) A camera lens coffee mug... http://www.canonmugs.com/

Shops in Tucson AZ? Safe to buy lens online?




Antonio88


Im going to buy a lens for the first time, for my dslr. Its going to be $700 and I was thinking it might not be safe. I have bought things from Amazon but only inexpensive things. Once a coffee mug got lost during the delivery and Amazon agreed to replace it, even though its reports said it had been delivered.

Anyways, anywhere I can buy camera lenses in Tucson? I dont live there, but its the closes city. If I dont find shops I might order it from Best Buy but I would like to find a camera only store that has lots of lenses available for pick up...



Answer
Most people make their camera equipment purchases from either B&H Photo or Adorama. I have been doing business with them since I was 18 now am age 71. No problems. With Amazon although I have had absolutely no problems you are in effect dealing with two companies instead of one.

www.bhphotovideo.com 1-800-854-5575

www.adorama.com 1-800-223-2500

Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment