Tuesday, June 3, 2014

All-in-One DSLR Camera Cleaning Kit?




Roshnipun


I recently got into Photography, buying myself an entry-level Canon D1000 to start with. My occupation requires me to stay in area's around Southern Africa where not much modern civilization and well developed economic settings can be found. Hence I've been looking for some sort of all in one kit, that I can buy, which contains all the required items needed to maintain and keep my camera and equipement clean.
I also don't actually know what all I need to keep the camera clean, so that information would also be useful. What do I need to clean the internal mirror, the lenses themselves and any other aspects that I should need to keep in mind?
I have a Canon D1000 and 50mm, 18-55 and 75-300mm lenses. Any advice and information is much appreciated. Thanks.



Answer
"Kits" usually include items you do not need to keep your camera and lenses clean and leave out those you do.

What you need to keep your camera clean.

1) a UV filter to protect the front element of the lens(s). It can be removed when you are in a controlled environment like a studio, but when out in the World, the UV filter will protect the lens from mud, dust and moisture.
2) a microfibre cloth can be used to keep the filter clean.
3) cotton swabs can be used to get dust out of the crevasse's on the exterior of the camera
4) a "Rocket" blower can be used to blow the dust that may accumulate in the chamber behind the lens and before the shutter.
5) a rain sleeve to protect the camera while shooting in the rain

Here is what a UV filter can do for your lenses.

http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab182/fotomanaz/Answers%20album/?action=view&current=iDamage.jpg

After my lens was clunked by a fast moving photographer, all I was out was a $15 lens hood and $60 UV filter. The $800 lens was just fine.

I need help with my cleaning kit for my camera lenses?




maddison.


My kit included: air blower, lens cloth, lens cleaning liquid, brush, cotton swabs, and lens cleaning tissues

My question is how and what do I use all of them for? It didn't come with an instruction guide or anything



Answer
Here is how to use the kit

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/cleaning.htm

But the rule photographers follow is to never allow your camera or lens to get dirty enough to have to use the kit.

Throw out the cotton swabs, they can cause more damage than they are worth unless you are cleaning crevasses far away from the lens or internal areas of the camera




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment