Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cleaning Nikon DSLR?




boundless


How to clean Nikon DSLR body, its lenses and if possible at home sensor?
Which is a good cleaning kit to buy?
I am from Mumbai, India.



Answer
http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning shows a method of cleaning the sensor. I have never performed this task, so proceed at your own risk. The alcohol used is a very high purity alcohol which won't leave behind the white haze common with most alcohols. I don't know if you can get these materials in India. Pec-pads and Eclipse solution are recommended for lens cleaning also.

Perhaps you can visit a professional camera store in Mumbai and see what is available, or what they recommend.

I've cleaned dust off my CCD low-pass filter sensor using a blower brush without the brush attached for easy to remove dust. I've used canned air on more stubborn dust problems. If you use canned air, be sure that the can is upright so you won't blow liquid propellant from the can. You should always do a short blast of air on a vertical surface to be sure no liquid is being sprayed before blowing onto the CCD low-pass filter surface.

The camera body can be cleaned with a soft cloth that is lightly dampened with water. There is a section in the back of the manual titled "Caring for the Camera" which gives suggestions on camera cleaning.

Beginner DSLR camera (for travel photography)?




d_murik


So me and my family are travelling to India over the December 2010-Jan2011 holidays. To take photos of the trip, as well as photos back home, I was wondering which camera, as a first time DSLR user, I should buy. I was thinking of getting a Pentax K-X, but was also wondering which lens(es) I should buy?

Also, what other accessories do I need (flash guns, mem cards, batteries etc)?
My budget for everything is 1000AUD...



Answer
in my own opinion, the most useful lens is ironically the cheapest. Any fast prime.
I.e. 50mm f/1.8 or 35mm 1.4 etc.

The fastness ( low fstop - 1.8/1.4/1.2/1.1 etc) will let you shoot in lower light. It will be a great adaptable lens to take pictures of your family in almost any situtation.

telephotos might be heavy to carry around, and will be something that flaunts your weath and may put you in target of muggers. Just be careful, keep everything locked.

Tele's are still useful for subjects that are away. A cheap tele that I use is a 75-300mm by Canon. I'm sure there is a simlar one for a pentax mount. I shoot canon so i'll talk about what I know. The 75-300 is a useful range for shooting long away. it is light to carry around. ANd in low light, you can always just pump up the iso.

Wide angles for landscapes. 10-20 would be the most impressive.


A different approach for lenses
18-55mm. You get both ranges of wide angle and straight shooting. This is a common lens that usually comes with the kit. The down side of this, you'll only have high iso to rely on in low light situations. But you'd carry less. I'd still carry the 75-300 tele with me.

Other accessories.
Tripod. Make sure your tripod can support the weight of your gear. make sure it is small enough to carry around and not be cumbersome.
Flashgun. Definitely useful, but despite my experience, I've always found them throublesome to use. You have to set it up and get a meter reading. balance the light. etc. By the time I've got it set up, the opportunity has passed. on your family vacation, the only opporutnity i can imagine using hte flash gun is at dinner time with your family gathered around the dinner table.
Extra battiers is a must.
Memory cards are a must. Wory about capacity, not speed. A class 4 should be more speed than you ever need. THe high class number is if you are coninuously shooting like 20 frames per second. Which your Pentax won't do.

You may be able to find some used gear online. or second hand.

Enjoy India.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment