Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Best inexpensive camera to get?




Chain


My birthday is in a couple of weeks. I'm turning 17. I love taking pictures, and I always get compliments on my photos, but since my camera suddenly stopped working last Summer, I've only been using my iPhone to take pictures. I want to ask for a new camera for my birthday, but my limit is $200. What should I get? :) a link to where to buy it would also be appreciated. I promise I'll give good ratings to best answer!


Answer
You should add where you live like the USA or India, where? In order for us to give you "where" good deals on cameras are located.

I would look at the Fuji line of bridge cameras they offer the best value in your price range. Plus the magnification of the zoom lens will "blow you away"!! And they stand behind their products.

P.S> buying a DSLR camera as suggested by another is speaking from his pocket book, no yours. Yes DSLR cameras are nice but the endless cost of lenses is not for everybody, maybe him, but not you as you describe yourself.

Need to buy a nice camera..but dont wanna spend a million bucks!?




Wotz in d


Im a fotographer by passion....havnt taken any formal training....but this field interests me...
I want to buy a camera tht is ....
1) very handy...cnt carry those bulky ones everywhr.
2) better megapixel so tht i can print posters out of them.
3) something tht has nice zoom and captures jerky moments well...
like speeding car.....jumping kids...
4) cost effective....bcuz im not taking it up as profession....
5 ) i live in India.
please suggest.



Answer
I know exactly how you feel about photography being your passion ...

You do not want the Huge bulk and weight of a DSLR to start with; not to mention the expense. I feel you there too.

As long as you are not doing sports photography where you have to take like 8 photos in a row under 3 seconds, you might want to think about one of the new Ultra compact, Mirrorless, interchangeable lens cameras out there.
Olympus cameras come with In Body Image Stabilization, Perfect for those jerky, jumping moments.
And right now they are selling the Olympus E-PL1 for a steal. Places are listing them now at half or less of what their introductory price was over a year ago, just to clear inventory.
Like here ---> http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=OMEPL11442BE


I think its perfect for you because you can use this camera as ether a fully automatic point and shoot, or you can use it in full manual mode controlling every aspect of your camera. Just as versicle as any other $500 entry level DSLR, but with at least half the weight of one and such a small size that you can put it in your pocket.
Read this great Detailed review of the E-PL1 here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusepl1/

And don't forget to look at page 3 where they show someone holding the camera so you can tell just how compact it is.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't get professional looking photos with this type of camera because they are just ignorant. Many professional photographers have this exact camera and carry it with them when they are out of the studio just walking around. I even know of one professional print for sale where the photo was taken with the E-PL1 because that happens to be the camera the photographer had on him. Its a large fantastic wall hanging photo 17"x22" print, of a NY city bridge scene. this is the link --> http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2012/04/print-offer-small-sensor.html.

I have a copy and it does look way better than the sample on that page. So that's just an example of how you can do great work with this type of camera.


You would also find many professional and pro-amateurs at this site http://www.mu-43.com/ that would recommend it, and can tell you anything else you want to know about the camera, or possibly an alternative. There are many people on that site from your country and your part of the world so you might enjoy that. Also you might want to look into the "E-PL1s" model, which was an upgraded version of the E-PL1, with higher ISO and better kit lens. It was only available in Japan and Korea when it came out , and maybe you will find one used around your part of the world. I been looking for a used one for sale but they are all over seas and shipping makes it not worth while for me here in New York.

Plus like any other SLR system you can buy tons of great lenses for it to expand your system later, but the lenses are much smaller and lighter than the ones for DSLR cameras are.
Also you can message me from my profile of you have any questions or are looking for a camera like this at a used or refurbished price for even less money .




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment