Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Help with finding the right dslr camera lens?




Jackie


I'm looking into buying my first dslr camera but I'm kind of confused on what kind of lens to get. I'm looking for something with a really good zoom and I know for a point and shoot camera I'd want something that is over a 20x Zoom so what would this equal to for a dslr lens? I hope this makes sense, I don't know much about dslr cameras.


Answer
The most common kit lens is 18-55mm
which translates to 55/18 = 3.05x zoom

Nikon makes a 18-300mm, which translates to 16.67x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-300mm.htm

A 300mm fixed focus lens means 0x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/3004af.htm

You are looking at proper DSLR's & they dont operate the same way as point & shoots

Can my lens fit most DSLR cameras?




bttrflybab


So I used to have a film camera (minolta) and I have a really nice lens that I would like to keep for myself when upgrading to a DSLR. I know this lens fits a Sony Alpha 230, so does that mean it will fit other models? I am debating if I should just get a different camera that is nicer but I want to make sure this lens fits the new camera. So what else can this lens fit if it can function with a sony a230 (it is an auto focus). Thank you :)


Answer
It'll fit any of the Sony Alpha series DSLRs, and via an adaptor will fit the NEX series, but with the loss of AF.

Sony make some very nice cameras further up the range, tell us what kind of lens it is and we can advise if it's worth sticking with Sony for or cutting your losses.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment