Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Which camera is better for portraiture? Video? Canon 5d or 7d?







Or by all means if you have another suggestion (Nikon or otherwise) suggest that to me as well.
I have been shooting portraits for the last two and a half years and have very much outgrown my Canon Rebel XT that I bought over three years ago I think! I've been shooting with a 50mm lens for portraits because I love the easy DOF it creates.
I so need to upgrade my camera for my portrait work... but I've also wanted to start getting into videography as well. For now I'd just be doing little projects, nothing too advanced, but which of these cameras, or any on the market (within this level range and price range) are best for video?
And which are best for portraits?
Or - what camera body do you suggest with a specific lens to serve my purposes?
Thanks so much for any suggestions.



Answer
The price should give you an idea that the 5D MkII is probably going to be a better body in a few areas. One thing I would say is that your 50mm lens won't really be a portrait lens on the 5D (it's a full frame camera so you'll probably have to rethink the way you use your lenses). Canon have an 85mm f/1.8 for about $400....or if you really want to spend some money there is an 85mm f/1.2 L Series lens. I don't want to frighten you so I won't even mention the price.

What camera is better Canon 5D Mark II or Canon 1DX?

Q. For video and filming purposes.


Answer
The Canon 5D Mark II would be your best bet. Takes beautiful shots and excellent videos. You can never be disappointed by this amazing camera. Its features include the following:

-21.1-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, wide range ISO setting 100-6400.
-Includes Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM lens.
-DIGIC 4 Image Processor; high-performance 3.9 fps continuous shooting; Live View Function for stills.
-Full HD video capture at 1920x1080 resolution for up to 4GB per clip ; HDMI output.
-Updated EOS Integrated Cleaning System specifically designed to work with a full-frame sensor.

Anyone who can afford it must never hesitate in buying it because it is an amazing camera and will give extraordinary shots without a question. I suggest you read the opinions, of a top reviewer, over this camera here:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1HX72PT9KPNWX/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B001G5ZTLS&nodeID=&linkCode=&tag=famavca-20&sourceid=md.ds

The prices quoted here seem to be the best deals out of all other places i've looked:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-II/dp/B001G5ZTLS/ref=cm_rdp_product&tag=famavca-20&sourceid=md.ds




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment