Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Which canon camera is good for me?




Sam


Hello,

I just start selling high end diamond and jewelry online and I need to take quality pictures .

I did some research and I found out the canon 100mm L model lens would be perfect.

I love 5 d but it's too expensive for me ..

What canon model will give me good result?

I am thinking canon rebel T5i or 60D with macro 100mm ..

Should I invest and get the 100mm macro L model?


Thanks



Answer
When I wanted a macro lens I found out that Pentax made a 50mm and 100mm. I reasoned since I like flowers and simiarl objects that the 100mm would allow me to shoot with out crawling on my hands and knees. Being age 72, I choose the 100mm, but if I was younger I would have gone for the 50mm macro since it is about half the price of the 100mm macro. Iw ould think you could made a more less permanent set up where the 50mm lens would allow you to use less room. Regarding the camera, beinga life-long Canon user in their film cameras, I made a change based on the comfort of Pentax's veiwfinder and body stabilization, rather than each lens. This enabes me to buy older lenses. In fact My 100macro cost me just below $500 compared to $850 for new!

Which dSLR lens should I get for jewelry closeups?




forwardcel


First, I'm not a savvy SLR user! I'm more of a Fred-Flintstone-Polaroid kind of guy - but I want to learn.

I was given a Canon EOS Rebel 300D with a 18mm-55m lens. I want to take closeups of small items, such as jewelry. What lens should I buy to take closeups of tiny things like jewelry?

Many thanks in advance!



Answer
I agree the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro would be a great lens for shooting jewelry. ($455)

another choice would be the Canon EF 50mm f/2.8 Macro ($260)

If you want to go a less expensive route the Canon Auto Focus Extension Tube 12 II or the Extension Tube 25 II ... you can use them singularly or you can stack them together. They sit between your camera's body and the lens. They fit on EF-S and EF lenses. The tubes change the focal plane of the lens, turning it into a suitable macro lens. You can also use them on dedicated macro lenses, increasing their magnification.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment