Saturday, March 15, 2014

Will a 90's era Canon lens work on my 350D?




Serge


I really want to buy a lens, however i don't have cash for a new one. i was offered a 28-135mm canon lens but the seller said it was 90's era. will this fit the mount on my 350d? And if there are, are there Sigma or Tamron lenses that are 28-135mm? please include links if you can...thank you!


Answer
When Canon introduced the EOS autofocus 35mm SLR camera line in 1987 they changed their lens mount. Canon SLR cameras prior to 1987 used the FD mount. If the lens you've been offered was used on an EOS camera then it will work with your Canon 350D.

Canon Lens?

Q. I have a Rokinon lens from my 22 year old Minolta 35mm camera. I was wondering if this lens would fit my new Canon Eos 50, 35mm. Does anyone know, or know how I can find out? Or know of anywhere I can buy a a really cheap lens for my Canon? Thank You


Answer
No.

Minolta lenses only fit minolta. Canon use a different mounting sistem.

Only Pentax uses a k-mount system that is shared by some other brands like Richo and Vivitar.

Your EOS 50 uses "Canon EF lens mount" so any new nautofocus canon lens will fit ok (lenses from digital Canon will not fit). Used lenses are cheaper but you need to check for mold inside the inner lenses.

Canon lenses are divided by quality ("Ultrasonic" are the fastes, and best canon lenses they are also much more expensive, they are also very quiet; " II " are good and with fast autofocus but no so expensive, " III " are cheaper but slow in autofocus).

Somtimes at Wallmart or Sams you can find the III cheaper canon lenses. You can also try your local camera store, or repair shop for a used lens but be careful because some rat-salepeople always try to sell you lenses with mold or scratches.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment