Sunday, March 9, 2014

Canon Lens comparison?




ralph


Hi I wish to know how I can compare these two lenses to be used on a Canon 40D ^^ Which one is better , etc...

Canon EF 24105mmf4lisusm vs Canon EF2470mmf28LUSM

Thank you



Answer
The way you type the lens specification made my eye squint.

But between the two, definitely the 24-70 f2.8L - the f2.8 aperture will be extremely helpful.

It seems to me that you are trying to find an everyday walk around lens and fyi the best walk around lens for a Canon APS-C camera is the EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS which produces even better image than any L lenses of similar range. The only issue found on the lens is the dust thing but I heard less and less about it everyday, especially if you're using a filter (besides, no lens are dust proof except they are weather proofed).

And yeah, prime lenses are non zoom lens. I think I have answered your question about that matter so you don't have to be confused about what the other poster said.

Canon Lens Comparison & Advice?




Jenna Alli


For those that are familiar, can you please provide me with a complete description/comparison between these two lenses:

Canon 28-105 USM 1:3.5-4.5 vs. Canon 28-135 IS USM 1:3.5-4.5

I understand that the 28-135 has image stabilizer, but is that really necessary? I have the 28-105 and want to know if this is good for everyday pictures and portraits? Should I trade it in for the 28-135?

Also I would like advice on a good telephoto lens for a Canon under $300....I had a Sigma 70-300 APO DG which I have been told is a good lens but it does not focus.



Answer
Specs for the Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM are here: http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/lenses/canon_28-105_3p5-4p5_ii

Specs and reviews for the Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM are here: http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/lenses/canon_28-135_3p5-5p6_is

The IS buys you several stops of hand holding capability, vital for portraits at 135. It's a great buy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment