Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Which Canon lens should I choose for T3i?




mondoguita


I'm comparing two Canon lenses right now, both fairly similar in price. The Canon EF-S 18-135mm and the Canon EF 28-135mm USM lens. The 28-135mm says it supports "full-frame" camera sensors. I'm not really sure what that means. B&H Photo recommended the 18-135mm EF-S lens, which kind of surprised me as I thought EF lenses were better built?

Currently I'm using a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 prime lens exclusively, but I need more flexibility for family shots and weddings. I'm just wondering which would be the better lens of the two for my T3i body?

Thanks!
To Rick, the wedding is for a friend as a favour! I'm simply asking which lens you would prefer? Not what my use of my camera should be for. I'm doing it to be nice, not to make money.



Answer
What "full frame" means is that any of the Canon EOS 35 mm or 5D and 1D dSLR's can use them

NONE of the Canon EF-S lenses can be used on the above cameras without causing damage to the cameras mirror.

The reason why that lens is recommended has to do with its optical range, decent wide angle to medium telephoto. The 28-135, reduces the angle of view at the wide angle portion of the lenses focal range.

If you are billing enough for your weddings, you should be able to pay off the 24-70 mm f/2.8 in a few weeks.


Actually the "best" lens for shooting weddings is the 24-70 mm f/2.8. It covers all the ranges you need and is a fast lens, perfect when shooting under low light conditions when flash is not appropriate

Canon 5D lens pairing?




DechenneDr


(If you are poor and can only afford ONE lens, in the 1200 and down range...what lens would it be? If you prefer to shoot weddings and/or portraits.)


Answer
Canon 24-70 mm f 2.8 L about that price.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/little_pooky/2386299105/sizes/o/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment