Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Fixing shattered Canon EF 24–105mm lens?




Hairol


Recently, I've accidentally broken my father's Canon EF 24â105mm lens after it slipped off my arm while I was working it. I've come to realize getting a new lens of the same type is extremely pricey, so I need to know if there's a way to fix itâ Do I send it back to Canon? Will it cost more than buying a new one?

If there's no way to restore it for a cheaper price, I need to know if there's a substitute lens for that type which is of the same quality. I am not very adept in all this camera talk, so I'd appreciate any help.



Answer
You can try, but Canon generally does not repair broken glass. You can usually repair a bad motor, electrical contacts, and other components of the lens - but not the glass.

Each lens is painstakingly aligned at the factory when built, and each piece of glass is typically matched or machined to fit. Therefore, there is no glass stock for replacement glass.

You will have to buy a new lens. This is an $800 lens, and your father likely bought it due to it's quality. Substituting such a lens with a cheaper one will probably not make him happy.

Would a Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 compact macro lens fit on the Canon Rebel camera?




FINN !


Just the original Canon Rebel camera.
[.__.]



Thank yoouu.



Answer
Yes. Any Canon EF lens will work perfectly fine with entry level Canon Rebel DSLR cameras as will Canon EF-S lenses

Canon Rebel 35 mm SLR's can NOT use Canon EF-S lenses




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment