Sunday, March 9, 2014

Best 50mm lens for Canon t3i?




Michael Ca


I recently bought a canon t3i and the standard kit lens just isn't cutting it for me, so I'm looking to a buy a good 50mm lens. Which would be better, 1.8 or 1.4? I would think 1.4 since it gives the option of an even shallower depth of field and more light right? Can someone help by providing links? Thank you!
I'm aware I can crank the ISO up but I'm referring more to videos than anything, I should have been more clear. If I put the ISO anywhere above 1600 the film becomes grainy and adds artifacts I don't want.

And I mean the kit lens isn't "cutting it" as it does not perform very well in low light situations.



Answer
Get the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Standard AutoFocus Lens. That lens is a great one to have. It works great on the t3i http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005K47X/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00005K47X&linkCode=as2&tag=cheonlsto-20

Canon T3i Zoom Lens Options?




Jam Jam


Hi friends, my husband and I are going to Tahiti and I want to purchase a great zoom lens. Please let me know what will capture all my scenic adventures.. Thanks so much!
Thank you sooo much! I really appreciate both of your feedback. I will have to look into this. :) This is a trip of a lifetime so I want gorgeous pics.



Answer
I my experience, I have a t1i, I find the Canon 75-300 to do good work. As I just posted on the previous question about this lens... work like this.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimsphotostuff/4761423549/in/photostream

But there are drawbacks to any long lens. The main one being that as you magnify the view you magnify everything - camera shake included. You are more likely to get blur at long zoom. There's a couple of ways around that. One is a tripod, very inconvenient if you're moving a lot.

The other way around it is to do what I did on the above shot... use 1/1000 shutter speed. It works very well in bright sun zoomed or not. I also suggest that when you find a long zoom shot you want,
this is hand held, shooting at 1/1000, fire off several frames of the same subject. If you get some blur on one you may not have it in the next, that sort of thing.

While shooting the bird in the above shot I probably fired off 40 frames in just a couple of minutes.
I got several with no blur and in focus but not all - get my drift.

They're just digital files so it doesn't matter how many you fire. What does matter is the result. If you fire 40 and get one keeper you've succeeded. If you fire one and it's not a keeper... well you get the idea.

I like to use the example of a free lance professional who was working in the Pacific Rim for National Geographic. Wild life was the subject. He was in the area for 3-weeks using film. He fired off some,
this according to him, 3,000 frames. The magazine used two. Point is with only two he was still successful. Good luck and I hope you have a fun time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment