Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Please Let Me Choose The Best Lens For 60D?




Lot Lost K


I've Decided To Buy A DSLR Now, The Canon EOS 60D, And Its My First DSLR. But I'm Extremely Confused About Lenses. I Read Meny Articles, But Those Made Me More Confused.

I Shot Every Types Of Photos, Specially Macro, Landscape, Zoom. So I Might Need An All In One Lens, For Everyday Purpose.

After Many Research, I Decided To Buy These Lenses If I Don't Get Good Solution.

- Tamron 18-270mm
- Canon 50mm f/1.8

I Also Want To Take Another Lens But That Very Costly To Me, The Canon 15-85mm.

Please Suggest Me For Some Cheap Good All In One Lenses.

Also, Do I Need An External Flash?



Answer
At B&H the Canon 60D with the 18-135mm zoom lens is shown for $1,199.00 after a $100.00 "Instant Savings" from B&H that ends 6-30-2012. http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Since you're just starting out I strongly suggest buying the camera with the 18-135mm lens. You didn't mention sports or wildlife as interests so the 18-135mm zoom should be sufficient for your current needs. Spend the next 6 to 8 months learning to use your new camera and exploring the capabilities of the 18-135mm lens.

Other than a couple of memory cards the only additional accessories I'd suggest are these:

1) A UV filter to protect the front element of your lens.
2) A Circular Polarizer for your landscape photography. It darkens a blue sky and enhances colors. It also removes/reduces glare/reflections from glass, water, sand, snow and painted metal - but not polished metal.
3) A lens cloth to clean your filters.

NOTE: Buy quality filters such as B+W, Hoya, Heliopan or Tiffen. Buy them in a "thin" or "slim" mount to avoid any possible vignetting (dark corners on your pictures) when using the wide (18mm) end of your 18-135mm zoom.

You might want to consider adding a tripod to your shopping list especially if you do a lot of landscape photography. I consider a tripod mandatory for good landscapes.

Back when I bought my first 35mm SLR (July of 1971) the camera came with a 50mm f1.7 lens. There really weren't any quality zoom lenses back then. I used my camera and 50mm lens for well over a year before buying a second lens - a 24mm wide angle.

Wider lens adaptor for macro lens?




Alyssa


I have a Canon 5D Mark II and only have a fixed 100mm canon macro lens for it. I'm going on a trip soon and would like to be able to take pictures of landscapes and other wider shots. Is there such thing as a wide angle lens adaptor or something that I can attach to my macro lens? I'd rather not spend $1000+ on a new lens right now...


Answer
Any type of screw-on so-called "wide angle adapter" is a complete waste of money - not to mention the image degradation that it will cause. Your best option in my opinion is the Canon EF 17-40mm f4L USM zoom which will be ideal for landscapes and reasonably well-lit interiors. Its shown for $739.00 at B&H - http://www.bhphotovideo.com - after a $100.00 "Instant Savings" from B&H that ends 9-29-2012.

You'll also want a good tripod for your landscapes. If you don't have one then look at the Benro "Travel Angel" series. http://www.benrousa.com/main/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment