Saturday, September 7, 2013

What is a good lens to use for a SLR camera in low light such as a wedding reception?

best camera lens for low light on Sony HX9v camera, which as of this writing has the best low light ...
best camera lens for low light image



Cincinnati


Anyone know a good lens to use for low light areas such as a wedding reception and indoor? What about in shade and woods areas?


Answer
You want a lens with a wide aperture like f/2.8.

Close in, you'd want something like a 17-55mm f/2.8 lens.

Further back, a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens (which is a telephoto zoom).

At a wedding reception, you can use flash usually, so another option would be to simply use a decent lens (even consumer level) and a hotshoe flash or a flash bracket with a cord and flash on the bracket. The flash will mean you don't have to shoot with the lens wide open and thus, you can use less expensive lenses.

What is the best dslr camera for low light?




ssgomezz


I am looking at refurbished, low end price dlsr cameras. I have used a pocket size Sony digital Cybershot for years and find I really need a better camera for low light. I take a lot of pictures indoors of animals (for cat and dog rescues). I have watched refurbished Canon, Nikon and Sony dslr cameras from 200$ to 400$ (their new prices were around 600$). I am stumped as to what is best for me-I don't need portability, and can work with any size hand grip. I just want a good camera for low light and some fast moving objects...and if I can use any of my current Sony cables etc, all the better.


Answer
The biggest part of DSLR cameras that are good for low light is usually the lens you have on it. Have a look at the aperture of the lens(es) you will be or looking at with the camera (usually seen as the f-stop). For low light, look at lenses around the 1.4 - 2.4 range.

The better the f-stop, the faster you will also be able to take the shot.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment