Friday, June 13, 2014

Which is a good semi professional camera and lens to buy?




Deepu


I am teaching myself photography as a hobby and would like to make it my second profession eventually. I would like to go in for a DSLR camera (second hand (body only) costing around 400 dollars (300euros)) and a good lens for portrait and landscape.

I would prefer a Nikon or a Canon camera. Please advice.



Answer
You can find the lens best suited for portrait by visiting the canon web site. Also the Landscape lens (a wide angle) is NOT the same as a portrait lens.

Why don't you buy the cheapest camera with a short (range) zoom lens and go from their. Then you could have your scenic lens at one end and your portrait lens at the other end!

What SLR camera lens to buy?




Jacob


I just purchased a canon t2i slr camera and i am a beginner to slr photography. the kit lens that came with the camera is an 18-55 image stabilizing canon lens. the lens is nice but id like to change to one with more zoom. id like to find a lens that is versatile enough for most occasions. also, what is image stabilization and is it worth the extra money if im not shooting video.

thanks



Answer
You probably don't want to hear this but you have the best lens for general purpose photog., 50mm is portrait. What you NEED to do is get the fastest lens you can, even if it is 30 years old and costs 20 bucks and the camera only works in manual.

Think about the fastest 50mm you can get, a new Canon AF 1.8 should be about a 100, you won't believe what a step up you will make in looking professional.

I know your newbie, but nothing was said as a joke, very serous. I can't afford the new VR (Nikon, vibration reduction they call it same thing). I buy really old manual lenses and do very fine, better than anyone I know personally. Let me leave you with a true tip to dwell on, the fastest NEW lens Nikon makes is the 50mm 1.2, always was. Guess what, it is totally manual! Of course it is a professionals lens, here it is so you know I'm serious - have fun- learn- save!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/36976-USA/Nikon_1435_NIKKOR_Normal_50mm_f_1_2.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment