Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Which Canon should I get?




HulaGirl


Hi,

I'm really serious about photography (it's not just a hobby).
Currently, I have a Rebel XSi right now.
One friend recommend a classic 5D and another one recommend the 60D.
I mainly want to do natural lighting portraits and some weddings.

1. What's better and why:
7D
5D Mark II
5D Classic?
60D

2. Should I buy the body/lens or just the body?

3. I kind of want to have a second camera just for shooting video.
What's better? Should I buy the lens too?:
T3i
T2i

Thank you!



Answer
If you are serous about photography, it's best to stick with what you have, and get another lens (don't get a cheap one). Buying a more expensive camera will not improve your photos (from what you have, XSi). There is a user here who only has Canon XT and after a couple of years of photography lessons (at her school), her photos improved ten folds. So what you have now is a fine camera but you need to learn how to use it.

Also, if I may, I have to assume that you are not aware that if you move to a full frame camera (5d or 5d Mark II), your lens now will not work with it (EF-S). So if you only buy a camera body, whatever you have now are useless. So another lens that I talked about earlier would have to be EF (for full frame).

You also didn't talk about your budget. 5d Mark II plus an L lens could easily run into 4 or so thousand or more. What are you preparing to pay?

Don't use these dSLR for video. I have 5d Mark II and it is not very usable for video without other hardware (to hold it up) and that costs a lot of money.

whats better to film with canon 7D or canon xh a1?




Dominik B


i dont know which 1 to choose here are my opions
7D
PRO:Small , cheaper , interchangeable len's
CON:Can only record for like 14 mins , it doesnt look professional when recording a video (minor con)
CANON xh a1
PRO:record for a longer time , more recording options , XLR
CON: Big , needs a 35mm adapter for good DoF , more expensive

so which should i choose im mainly going to be filming skit's and music videos and maybe later on weddings



Answer
canon 7D is better




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment