Sunday, June 8, 2014

Camera lenses?!?!?!?!?!?!?




Victoria


Hi. :) I am purchasing a Canon 5d Mark iii, and would like to get a few lenses for this camera. I think it would be a good idea to get around three, maybe a simple 50mm, a zoom lens and/or telephoto, and possibly a portrait lens. What three canon lenses would you suggest? I have having difficulty choosing which lenses I want. So basically my question is, what three canon lenses do you think would be most necessary and appropriate for a DSLR? If you had to have only three lenses for your DSLR, what would they be. Thank you! :) Also, I have a budget of around $2,500-$3,000 for these three lenses. I was thinking about getting a relatively inexpensive telephoto for around $1,500 then using the remaining budget for the two other lenses.
HOW on EARTH "Selina" are you a "top contributor?!" That baffles me.



Answer
Before buying any lens you must first determine what kind of photography you do the most and then buy the lens that best suits that type of photography. Buying a lens based on someones recommendation in here will likely result in you wasting your money. Also, only Canon's EF lenses can be used on a full-frame Canon DSLR.

What to look for when buying camera lenses?




vampiree


What are the specific features that I should look for when purchasing camera lenses (for Nikon)? I will be mainly shooting portraits and some landscape, and plan on purchasing the Nikon D7000. Will a 18-55mm standard lens suffice? Also, I've read somewhere that the more optical/ focal zoom range a lens has, it can produce more noise and/or blurriness. Is this true? Thoughtful answers would be greatly appreciated!


Answer
I think right now you are going to buy a kit lens. An all around lens, jack of all trades but master of none. Here are some you should consider

18-55 vr Standard kit lens with very good images quality, and it's cheap. 3rd best in sharpness
17-55 f.8 A pro DX lens will give tack sharp pictures, great for portraits and some landscape. Very expensive number 1 in sharpness
16-85 vr Good landscape and portrait, it's 2nd best in sharpness
18-200 A true all around lens, but image quality is comprimised a bit because of it use zoom factor.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment