Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Can you use DSLR lenses on compact system cameras?




Ye2


I know nothing about DSLR cameras vs compact system cameras! I really want to upgrade from my point and shoot Sony to the Olympus Pen E-PL1 Camera. Now I'm aware that the lens on this camera is not good for zoom shots. Could I use a Nikon lens taken from a friend's DSLR camera?


Answer
Sorry short and very simple answer NO because the Lenses on a Point and Shoot Cameras can not be removed.

What are the best camera lenses (zoom or static) for a Canon DSLR mark ii?




Bob


the cheaper the better! :)
I'm talking about the Canon 5D mark ii, that is just the most popular/common "mark ii" people seem to use... So I assumed people would know which one I was talking about here... hope that clears up any confusion
And one more thing: Can anyone edit their answers and post a YouTube example of the Canon 5d mark ii or mark iii with the lens or lenses they suggested? That would be the most helpful thing so you could see real examples of what footage looks like (instead of ideas in your head from what somebody says), although if you don't post a video with examples I guess we could all go scour YouTube ourselves...
Thanks everyone for all the answers, much appreciated.

(btw - I'm more interested in using the DSLR for shooting HD video than shooting photographs)



Answer
It all depends on what type of photography you do. Since we have no way of knowing whether you shoot portraits or sports or landscapes or weddings there is no way for us to make an intelligent suggestion.

Note that "... best camera lenses ..." and "... cheaper ..." are never used in the same sentence.

Here is a listing of all currently available Canon lenses:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup

NOTE: Ignore all lenses that are EF-S because they can't be used on a 5D MK II.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment