Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Can Minolta srt 101 lens fit Nikon D60?




juliedowdy


I have a old Minolta srt 101 and a lot of lenses. I want to upgrade to a digital camera but do not want to spend tons of money and then my lens not fit. Can anyone help me... what new digital camera will fit my Minolta lenses???


Answer
No they will not mount to any current DSLR.

The Minolta "SR" bayonet lens mount used by the lenses for your SRT-101 was replaced by Minolta in 1985 when they introduced the Maxxum 7000 auto focus camera with the A-mount. The current Sony DSLR cameras still use the A-mount so any Minolta Maxxum lens made since 1985 can be used.

There is an adapter to use your classic Minolta lenses on the current Sony DSLR line and there are adapters made to allow them to be used on Canon and Olympus DSLR cameras. To the best of my knowledge there is currently no adapter made to use Minolta "SR" mount lenses on a Nikon.

Since using your older Minolta lenses on the DSLR's I listed will require manual focus and stop-down metering, you might want to consider selling them. Then you can use the money towards your new camera.

***** EDIT *****
Please email me a list of the Minolta lenses you have. I'm in the market for a Minolta MC ROKKOR-X 17mm f4 lens.

Will any SLR digital cameras fit my Minolta lenses.?




Trudie G


I have a Minolta 35mm camera with a lot of extras including several expensive lenses.
It's time to upgrade to a digital. Is there a digital camera that I can use my lenses on? I am going to retire soon and will finally be abe to enjoy my passion. I am not willing to sacrifice getting a quality camera just so that I can use my current lenses. I will just have to start over. This will proably be my last camera so I want to get it right.
Thanks in advance for any information.



Answer
If your Minolta is from the SRT line (SRT-100, 101, 102, 200, 201, 202) or the X series (XG-7, 9, XK, X-700, XE-7, X-570, X-370) then your lenses are not compatible with any current DSLR without an adapter. Those older lenses used the MC/MD lens mount.

If your camera is from the Maxxum series introduced in 1985 then your lenses will mount on all current Sony DSLR cameras - A100, 200, 300, 350, 700, 900. Minolta changed their lens mount from the MC/Md to the A-mount with the Maxxum. Since Sony bought the DSLR technology from Konica-Minolta they wisely kept the A-mount.

There are adapters available to use the olde MC/MD mount lenses on the Sony, Olympus and Canon DSLR cameras.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment