Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I'm buying my first DSLR camera...HELP!?




Hannah


I love taking pictures but the coolpix camera I have right now sucks and my friend has a Canon Rebel which I LOVVVEE. If I did buy the Canon Rebel or Nikon D3000, would I HAVE to buy interchangeable lens to go w/ it? If so, what are the advantages to them? Also, which is better- canon or nikon? Someone just give me the whole 411 on these cameras, please? Thanks!!


Answer
Hey,

You can just stick with one lens with your DSLR. You can buy later if you feel, want something wider etc.

The basic 18-55, kit lens, is very good for beginners.

Here's a post called 'Buying a DSLR, what's important, megapixels, features, brand, price, quality and which one to buy - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/03/which-dslr-to-buy.html

Good luck! The site has many more tutorials, tips, reviews and guides!

DSLR CAMERA question ?




Jean D


I'm looking to buy a dslr camera and i'm down to Canon & Nikon. I'm trying to figure what would be better between the Nikon D40X, D60, Canon Rebel XS, XSi. I would like feedack from people who own one of them .


Answer
Although it is getting a little old, the D40 is a perfectly fine camera for a beginner (I would say even better than the D40x or D60). The D40 new is about $472.00 including free shipping. I would also consider the D3000 instead ($585.00 including free shipping from adorama.com). The D3000 is a much easier camera for a beginner (has a nice guide feature), not to mention it just came out on the market so it will hold its resale value better. Also, the D3000 kit lens is a VR lens, whereas D40 kit lens does not have vibration reduction technology, thus making the D3000 an even better value. Check out the first two links below for a great review of both cameras. Out of the Canon choices you mention I would go with the XSi (450D). Check out the last link for a great comparison chart between the XSi, XS (1000D), and XTi (400D).

Edit: The D40 and all the Nikon's without built in auto focus motor can accept more lenses than the D80 albeit with less functionality. Check out link three for more info.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment