Sunday, March 30, 2014

what is the best lens for sports photography using canon?




Stanley J





Answer
I do a lot of sports with both my Canon 5D and 20D...my favorite lens is the Sigma 50-500mm zoom (nicknamed the "Bigma" for its large zoom range). The long reach is terrific, you have the shorter focal lengths when you need them without changing lenses, and optical quality is very, very good.
The only downside to the Bigma is that it's not the best for night-time sports, with a maximum aperture of f/4.5. For night-time shooting I usually pull out the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens -- nice big f/2.8 maximum aperture plus image stabilization helps in poorly-lit stadiums and arenas. The downside is that it only goes to 200mm, so you need to be closer in.

Hope that helps!

Whats the best canon lens for sports photography?




happysoul1





Answer
Most my colleagues who still use Canon's use the following lenses

* 24-70 mm f/2.8
* 70-200 mm f/2.8
* 200 mm f/2
* 300 mm f/2.8
* 400 mm f/2.8
* 600 mm f/4

Of course they don't have all those lenses but they are the lenses I see when shooting sports

Each sport will require a different group of lenses

As a Nikon shooter, I use the 200-400 mm f/4 a lot as well as some of the above lenses




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment