Monday, March 31, 2014

Stylish camera case??? Looking for a good quality, low priced case. Help please?




neenie


Well, the fifteenth birthday is coming up and I was looking at some camera cases for my Canon Rebel Xsi and one or two of its lenses and possibly a flash. As I do tend to take my camera to lots of places; i.e. photo club, parks, zoos, school events, a lightweight shoulder bag would seem ideal.I am really not looking to spend more that a hundred dollars, and would like it to be at least somewhat stylish and or colorful. I don't want to seem lazy, but maybe you could say what you have or point me in the right direction, because I haven't had much luck in finding anything besides the typical lowepro or tamrac.

I was thinking about the Crumpler 5 million dollar bag or the Acme Made Bowler Bag, but any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!



Answer
I've been searching desperately for a camera bag that's attractive, affordable, and functional, and the Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Bag and the Acme Bowler Bag are the two that I've narrowed it down to as well. There is a huge market for better-looking camera bags that don't scream "Mug me, I have expensive equipment!" or "Look, I'm carrying an ugly bag with a camera in it!"

I've heard amazing things about the Crumpler, and borrowed a friend's for a day. It was everything I would have hoped, so I can definitely recommend that. I didn't have much gear with me though, just my D80 body and my 70-300mm lens. I could also fit my cigarettes, wallet, and iPod though, which is always useful. The bag was nice and comfortable, if a bit unattractive, but it was nice and sturdy.

The Acme Made bag is much cuter and less expensive though, and could also double as a regular purse. I haven't seen it in person, but I'm concerned that it might be a bit small. I've seen photos where it is comfortably holding a DSLR body with lens attached, and extra lens, and it looks like there is room for a flash unit or another small accessory. However, there doesn't appear to be room for much else. On the other hand, this bag seems like it's super easy to open, even easier than the Crumpler, which is a selling point for me since I've missed shots while trying to drag my camera out of its bag.

If you have any stores around that stock either bag I'd recommend going to check them out. Also, if you choose the Acme Made bag, let me know if it's too small! :p Good luck with your choice, and happy approaching fifteenth birthday.

NIKON camera lenses? Where to start? 10 pts.?




Natasha


NIKON: What lenses do I need/ you prefer? I shoot mostly Snap Shots, Up Close, Engagements, Senior pictures, Family pictures, and Children.. I really want to start shooting weddings, but I need the lens for all of this. Any suggestions? Post links below! THANK YOU!
I really want to get a nikon D700 or 800 p.s.
And people are shooting weddings with their little digital cameras... I wouldn't charge; just though I'd help out.



Answer
If you're a guest then feel free to take photos, but please do not shoot a wedding as the primary photographer, you will ruin someone's special day.

You need to have multiple lenses and multiple camera bodies as well as backups for every piece of equipment you have. Not to mention accessories.
My wedding kit contains: 5D Mark III, 1DX, 16-35mm F/2.8, 35mm F/1.4, 50mm F/1.2, 85mm F/1.2, 135mm F/2, 580 EX II And my backup kit which is always in my car at a wedding is: 1D Mark IV, 7D, 17-40mm F/4, 24-70mm F/2.8, 70-200mm F/2.8, 580 EX II, 580 EX
I will have at least a total of 100GB worth of CF card storage for one single wedding.
I carry insurance for all of my equipment as well as professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance. These are an absolute necessity.

You can get a Nikon equivalent of everything in my kit.
This is the standard for wedding photographers. You cannot risk missing a moment or losing the photos. It will completely ruin the day for the couple, it will be a moment they'll never forget and will completely destroy your professional credibility/reputation.
People who don't hire a proper photographer are idiots, it's their own fault if something happens to their wedding photos. Just don't be that photographer to lose the photos, it will haunt you emotionally for the rest of your life. A friend of mine was mugged after he photographed a wedding, they took all his camera equipment and unfortunately the memory cards in his bag with the wedding photos on them. He barely cared about the gear, but he was distraught about what had happened to the photos. You can replace everything but memories.

You need to start with an entry level DSLR until you learn how to use it. If you want to shoot anything to earn money then you need to be technically proficient with all of your equipment. It will take you months to understand your equipment, years to learn to use it to its fullest and decades to perfect your skill. I've been doing this professionally for 11 years and I don't like referring to myself as a "skilled", "proficient" or "advanced" photographer because I don't believe it, there's still so much more to learn.

A Nikon D3200 and the kit lens will suffice. Later you can add a fast prime (50mm F/1.8 for example) then a speedlight (a flash) and then a fast zoom lens (17-50mm F/2.8, 70-200mm F/2.8) and finally specialty lenses (wide angle, fisheye, tilt shift, super telephoto etc). After all that, you can upgrade your camera body to the D800's successor.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment