Thursday, September 26, 2013

What zoom setting do I use on a Canon DSLR lens to equal 24x on a FujiFilm S3280 camera?

dslr camera lens terms on Sony Alpha Slt A37 With 1855 Lens Dslr Camera price in India | Compare ...
dslr camera lens terms image



kfinpgh


I own a Fujifilm Finepix S3280 24x zoom camera and just got a Canon Rebel t3i DSLR camera. What are equivalent DSLR lens settings for the zoom factor on the Fujifilm camera? I have a couple of additional lenses for the DSLR, but want to compare "apples to apples". Thanks.


Answer
Once you left the P&S arena, you have got to buy different lenses to cover similar focal lengths to your S3280

The zoom lens with the most range would be the 18-200 mm lens (11x) in P&S terms.

I can use four lenses on my dSLR to produce the most focal lengths usually needed when shooting assignments

* 14-24 mm
* 24-70 mm
* 70-200 mm
* 200-400 mm

In P&S terms, those lenses equal about 28x

If you visit this site, you will see what it costs to purchase those four lenses.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Camera-Lenses/All-Lenses/index.page

When you went from owning a P&S to a dSLR system, you certainly jumped into the deep end of the photographic pool

Will a 400mm zoom take good pictures from the top balcony at the United Center during a hockey game?




ComeAtMeBr


I go to Blackhawks games a lot (I'm obsessed with Jonathan Toews :D) and I am currently looking for a high quality DSLR camera and possibly lens. From high up, will a 400 mm zoom take high quality pictures from a very far distance? Also, if you have any camera suggestions, let me know!


Answer
No. Even if you were willing to drop $10,000 on a 400mm f/2.8 prime, your pictures from the balcony wouldn't be as good as the ones you'll see the next day in the paper. They might not even let you in carrying a setup like that. Just enjoy being there!

If you must do this, my advice is rent a DSLR and lens rather than buying. In Chicago, your best bet is Progear. Just call them up and talk to a tech, and they'll point you in the right direction in terms of what gear you need. I'll warn you, though, that they might (like me) just tell you to enjoy the game.
http://progearrental.com/equipment-rental/equipment-rental.php




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment