Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How do I know that a lens is compatible for my camera?

best canon lens 300mm on Canon EF 300mm f/4 L IS USM Lens Review
best canon lens 300mm image



Alamos


I have a Canon Powershot S2 1S. If I want to purchase a lens for it that has a 58mm filter, does it mean that I need a 58 mm adapter? How do I determine the size for an adapter and whether or not the lens is compatible with my camera, using the adapter? (For example, I want a telephoto zoom lens that is a canon EF lens 75-300mm. The filter size is 58mm. Will this fit my camera, with the use of an adapter?) Thank you.


Answer
No.

The Canon PowerShot S2 IS is a fixed lens bridge camera. The Canon EF f/4-5.6 75-300mm is an EF bayonet-mount lens for use with Canon's EOS SLRs and DSLRs.

The only type of lenses compatible with your S2 are conversion lenses. These are the add-on teleconverters, wide angle converters, and fisheye converters that screw onto the filter threads of your camera.

How much is a CANON ZOOM LENS EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 worth? ?




ANONYMOUS


I dont know anything about the lens. It says CANON ZOOM LENS EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 on the side.


Answer
About $100.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment