Friday, September 27, 2013

What kind of camera lens should I get?

best canon lens 600d on Canon 600d / T3i Still Photography | How To Make & Do Everything!
best canon lens 600d image



James


I'm completely new to this stuff but I got the Canon 600D without a lens, my family already has this Tamron 28-200mm lens, but I dont know about it - it's old. My use of the camera will be for a tour of France (mainly on foot, so the more compact the better). I'd like to take some long shots, but also just the average touristy-type shots.


Answer
If the Tamron 28-200mm has an EF mount, you will be just fine.

If it is an FD or FL:mount, you will need an adapter and the make your fine 600D into a fully manual camera (exposure and focus) and perhaps worse, you lose a stop of light and the lens will not focus at infinity (needed for those long shots

Depending upon where you are on the course, the Canon EF-S 18-200 mm or Canon EF-S 10-22 mm will be preferred. I hope we can assume you know your location you will be shooting so you pick the correct lens

Is the Canon 600d worth the extra money rather than buying the Canon 550d?




Tomek


I don't know whether I should save the money and get an extra lens with the 550d or should I get the 600d.


Answer
No not really, I have a Canon EOS 550D and am extremely impressed with it. This camera takes fantastic photos! Rather get the 550D and save up for another lens.
The 600D is pretty much the same camera, although it does have a flip out screen.

Have a look at these two websites:
- http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-600d-vs-Canon_EOS_550D
- http://www.digitalrev.com/en/canon-eos-600d-vs-550d---is-it-really-better-8274-article.html

They are both comparing the cameras.

In the end, you are going to want to buy another lens, so get the 550D. When buying the 600D camera you are going to get the same 18-55mm lens as you would on the 550D.

Good luck with what ever you choose!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment