Thursday, September 26, 2013

I have a Canon T2i and it is my birthday. I get to buy an lens, which one do you prefer?

best canon macro lens for t2i on Canon EOS 60D Review
best canon macro lens for t2i image



Walid Q


I have the the 18-55 mm lens, and the macro lens 55-250mm

I like to take pictures of people, zoom in shots of nature, and action shots.

What is out there that I could buy for my camera? And ideas?



Answer
You could probably do all that with the Canon 100f2.8L Macro IS. My first lens after the 18-55 kit was the 70-200f4L IS. Excellent piece of glass which can be used for almost anything including landscapes. Use Zoombrowser to see what end of the focal range you shoot most of your shots from and go from there. My 3 least used lenses are the Samyang 14f2.8, the Canon 15f2.8 fisheye and the Canon 16-35f2.8L II. Not for any particular reason, they're great lenses, I just prefer my longer lenses with the 100-400 being my favorite.
P.S. If you decide on the shorty forty which is good for the price, and it seizes up while you're using it on your T2i, simply release it from the camera then lock it back into place, that'll fix the problem. Took me a while to work that out.

How to use a macro lens?




!~T@R@~!


I just got a brand new macro lens for my canon t2i camera, any tips on how to use it and take the best photographs with it?


Answer
You need lots of light or a dedicated macro light.
Use a tripod.
Start off inside - outside the slightest breeze makes life difficult.
Use as small an aperture as you can manage.
Start off with inanimate subjects - bugs move too fast.
Use manual focus and move your subject (if possible) instead of the camera.
Get a macro rail if you can (one day I'll get on of those, too http://www.google.com.au/search?q=macro+rail&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=v8_3Tp68KrCziQek_LGgAQ&ved=0CFQQsAQ&biw=1208&bih=829).
Be very aware of your super thin DOF.
Consider focus stacking.

Practice lots.


ETA:

Steve beat me to it again while I was still thinking/typing. Do notice how many of the same points we made!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment