Saturday, July 20, 2013

What kind of camera lens should I buy?

best camera lens for outdoor portraits on Enhancing Natural Light for Outdoor Bridal Portraits | Photoflex ...
best camera lens for outdoor portraits image



Tamara


I have a canon rebel sxi and currenlty only have the standard lens that came with the camera. I am trying to get into some outdoor portrait photography. (currently practicing on anyone who is willing to let me). Is there a certain type/brand of lens that is better for outdoor portrait?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am new to the whole photography thing...



Answer
The lens you have is just about perfect for shooting outdoor portraits.

Have you tried using it? If you shoot in the shade, you will avoid a lot of problems associated around shooting people outdoors during the day.

You could buy a good Canon 50 mm f/1.4 or f/1.8 lens, but until you have your portrait shooting skills down, you may want to spend some money on more memory cards or even a 5 in 1, 42 inch reflector kit

What type of a camera lens would you recommend for taking outdoor portraits?




Someone


I'm doing a shoot with my friend, and I own a Canon Rebel XSi.

I have a 50mm f/1.8 and the kit lens (18-55mm).

I'm thinking to use the 50mm, but are there any ones I should try out? I have money to get a new lens.



Answer
Yep the 50mm f/1.8 you already have its great for outdoor portraits. But if you want to get another lens for portraits the best option are fixed lenses because they tend to be sharper than zoom lenses. Also another advantage of using fixed lenses is that you get more creative because you are forced to step close or farther when trying to recompose your image, and you can get nice photos trying new angles and distances. Some photographers seem to anchor themselves to one spot when they have a zoom lens.

I for example, use the macro 2.8 L USM IS lens for outdoor portraits. I actually use that lens all the time, i just love it. Its great for portrait and macro and also i can get really cool macro shots from the face.

But you will learn that depening on the lens you get you will take different types of pictures. A wide angle lens will give you another bizarre point of view for portraits. I mean it all depends on what tyoe of portraits you want to do. Just image and decide which lens you want to work with.

My list of great portrait lenses.
macro 100 mm L USM IS
28-70mm
70-200mm
50mm 1.4 or 1.2
the 85mm one its amazing too

havea great day




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment