Monday, July 15, 2013

What equipment is imperative to a photographer?

best buy camera lens hood on Canon HF M50 Full HD 10x Video Camera + 16GB + Case + Tripod + Card ...
best buy camera lens hood image



Mary O


I want to be a photographer! What equipment is imperative to be a photographer? I have a camera and a few lenses but I want to know other equipment that I should buy and what everything does i.e. filters, lens hoods, reflectors and what equipment has changed photographers "lives".


Answer
What type of photography do you do are are interested in doing?

Studio lights are useless for someone doing sports or landscapes.
Macro lenses are useless for people doing fashion.
A super telephoto is useless to someone who does portraits.

I like doing portraiture so what changed it for me was my 50mm f1.8 and my first shoe mount flash. I now have a 24-70 f2.8 and a small portable (flash based) lighting kit I put together. In my case, the flash REALLY made a difference, but even more so when I started to understand how to REALLY use it.

What lens hood do I need for Nikon d5000?




Cole P


I have a Nikon d5000 and I need to buy a lens hood for it. I have the kit lens that comes with it. I am going to be outside taking photos in the bright sunlight.

Thank you!



Answer
Each lens hood is based upon the lens you are going to use it

My guess is you have the 18-55 mm standard lens, so Nikon 800.NIKON-UX, can tell you what you need for that lens or you can go to a camera store and have them supply it. You just have to assure that what ever hood you choose, does not cause vignetting when shooting at the widest focal length.

The Nikon websites says the correct one is the HB-45 Bayonet Lens Hood




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment