Saturday, July 20, 2013

What equipment do you need to start a home based photography biz?

best camera lens for outdoor portraits on ... Outdoor Kids Photo Shoot using D3100 Kit lens and 50mm 1.8G prime lens
best camera lens for outdoor portraits image



mlstyl123


I just bought the canon 40d. I have a 28-135mm lens. But that is all I have. I would like to start a small business taking outdoor portraits to begin with. I also would like to know what the best editing software is out there.


Answer
You have the camera and a decent portrait zoom.

Other things you would need(at a minumum from my experience):

A hotshoe flash for fill.
A softbox/Demb Diffuser/Lightsphere for the hotshoe flash to diffuse/soften the light.
Reflectors(white/silver/gold)
Tripod
Diffusing material - sometimes in direct sun, the light can be too bright and you'll want to cut it with soemthing like a pure white bedsheet or similar. It gives you a nice softbox light effect and not the direct, hard light.


Other things that would be nice, but not necessarily required:
An assistant
battery powered hotlights or flashes with umbrellas for portable light
a stand for holding the reflectors

The BEST editing software out there is Photoshop CS3. However, unless you are going to need extensive retouching or graphical design capabilities, I woul recommend looking into Adobe Lightroom of Photoshop Elements 6.0. Both will have 99% of what a photographer needs to do good post production work on their images.
Lightroom is $200 and Elements is $79(i believe).

I still use Photoshop CS2, only because I have been using Photoshop since version 7 and I know the tool and it's cheap to upgrade. If I were just starting out now, I would probably get Lightroom.

What's the best way to find a cheap lens (good for portraits) for a digital camera?




spooligan


I'm an aspiring photographer who's really into the artistic side of the field. I'm really into portraits and outdoor photography. I recently bought a $600 digital rebel xt but because i wasn't paying attention I didn't realize until too late that it came without a lens. So now i'm left with a camera with no lens. What's the best way to shop for a lens when you're on a low budget?


Answer
The Canon 50mm 1.8 for around $80 new makes a great portrait lens on a DSLR.

Not only is it one of the least expensive lenses available for your camera, it's also one of the sharpest.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment