Saturday, May 3, 2014

What is the best lens for close up photography- Canon 60D?

Q. I don't mean macro for like flowers and insects. I need it for detail shots of jewelry, shoes, and decorations of weddings and quinceneras. I have macro filters but when I need an extreme close-up the edges are very blurry and have a zoom-like effect. I dont like how it looks.


Answer
A macro lens would still be your best option for jewelry though shoes and wedding decorations can usually be done with a telephoto lens if you don't have a macro lens. Macro lenses have the ability to focus closely but they don't need to. A 60mm F2.8 macro or a 100mm F2.8 macro lens is also a very good portrait lens and will do shoes and table decorations quite well.

What would be the best canon macro lens to buy?




Grace


I have a canon 500d body. And i want to buy a canon macro lens. Wanting to take photos of real close ups of flowers, insects, nature life. What should lens should i get??


Answer
I couldn't afford the Canon lens, so I bought the Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, instead.

I love it! It is tack sharp, makes a nice "normal" lens, too, and the 105mm lets me stay away from the bugs a little further.
The only downside is that in macro, sometimes the auto focus does too much "hunting", but even that isn't an issue since I normally use manual focus for macros, anyway.
For extra close macros, I add my Kenko extension tubes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment