Thursday, May 1, 2014

Question about DSLR camera and lens...?




Jp R


i was just wondering if you left a camera body open like without a lens and you don't have one of those caps on it... will it mess anything up? and also the same with a lens, if you dont have a lens cap on either ends will it break as well? Just wondering because i'm paranoid about taking off the lens and stuff haha i'm new to this stuff


Answer
Short and simple answer >> YES << it's called dust, finger prints. The lens won't break without the caps on, but the caps are supposed to be used to reduce the chances of dust, finger prints or any other items away from certain items such as the sensor, mirror.

Rumor about DSLR cameras?







I do not know much about cameras, but have received a Canon Xsi. A friend of mine told me not to leave it out without a bag or case for too long because dust, etc can get into the camera and alter its functioning in the long term.

Is this true? Should I be worried if I want to carry it for long hours consistently without it being in a bag (though I do put the lens cover on as much as possible)?



Answer
Although entry-level DSLR cameras like the Canon XSi aren't dust and moisture resistant like the higher-priced models they are still designed to be used in conditions that an amateur photographer would normally encounter. Obviously you wouldn't be carrying it unprotected out in the rain or in extremely dusty conditions (like walking along a heavily traveled gravel or dirt road) but other than those extremes just attach the neck strap and enjoy your camera. Keep your camera safe by always having it hanging around your neck from the strap. In 40 years I've worn out a few neck straps but I've never dropped a camera.

However, I do keep a large plastic storage bag (the self-sealing kind) in my camera bag in case a sudden rain shower catches me out.

When I'm out shooting landscapes I leave my camera attached to my tripod and carry the tripod over my shoulder like a rifle. However, I do loop the neck strap around the tripod legs so if the quick release somehow failed the camera wouldn't hit the ground.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment