Monday, April 28, 2014

Canon 60d lens? (film)?




Nate


I am a filmaker and currently have the Canon Vixia hf200 but I am looking to buy a DSLR camera from Canon. I am looking at the Canon 60d mainly because of its price and video capabilities. I am wondering what lens i should get for it for filming. My price range is under $2,000 (including the camera). Also, I am most likely going to buy a microphone for it. Any recommendations on a mic (specific) for the canon 60d? Any other camera/ camcorder recommendations?


Answer
i was googling and found Canon EOS 60D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera whic is really good.

*18.0-megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 Imaging Processor; ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12800)
*Includes 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS UD standard zoom lens
*Improved EOS HD Video mode with manual exposure control; Vari-angle 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor
*5.3 fps continuous shooting; enhanced iFCL 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system
*Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-60D-3-0-Inch-18-135mm-Standard/dp/B0040JHVC2/?tag=pntsa-20

Canon 60d good for videos?




Brandon


I am looking for a video camera for around 750$. I have mic lighting tripod ect but just need camera. I will rarely use for pictures just mainly recording hd video. Is canon 60d good choice for hd videos for youtube or no. What is best? Thanx


Answer
I have owned 60d for two years but only for still photography, it is however, perfectly capable of high quality cinematic videos, especially when paired with a wide aperture lens (I'll recommend a Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 lens for videos, as it melts away the background better than Canon 50mm f1.8 and also f1.4).
There are however, certain limitations to using dSLR for videos, e.g clip length is limited, moire effect etc. But there are certain dSLR's which are more video oriented, and 60d happens to be one of them, so you should not have any problem using it for youtube videos.
Also take a look at Panasonic GH3, which is also video oriented camera. But given a choice I'll get a 60d with Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 for youtube videos.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment