Saturday, May 3, 2014

I'm looking for a very compact DSLR camera case/ protector...?




Jaime LePo


I don't want to lug around a huge, fortified camera bag but I'd like something compact to protect my DSLR while it's in my backpack (just for the Rebel XSi body and an attached medium range lens). What would you recommend-- a small soft case, a neoprene "sleeve", Domke inserts?
Links would be great! Thanks



Answer
Generic backpacks have an added benefit. They do not yell, "I have cameras in me, steal me!"

I just have some felt lined lens bags and snuggle my DSLR in with them. If you have some old Crown Royal or Bircardi Rum bags, they can hold your memory cards and extra filters and can buffer the camera as you hike or just travel around

What do i need to know before buying a DSLR camera?




lucky


I'm an beginner photographer and I have a point and shoot camera now that is falling apart on me. I don't like it at all so i know i don't want another point and shoot. I'm looking to do outdoor and indoor photos, and i really want a camera that has image stabilization. I would like a camera with all bells and whistles but i know i cant get all of them because my budget is only around $600. I would like to know what info should i know before i go shopping for a new camera. Any info for a person who has never bought a real camera before is helpful.

Thank you



Answer
I have some advice to add, search for dSLR tutorials on the web. Learn what a dSLR is and isn't so you aren't shocked when you get it. Too many people buy them to get away from crappy P&S cameras, slap them in auto mode and wonder why their photos are still blah, and in some cases worse.

dSLRs are not the best point and shoots, but people want to use them that way. You'll need to find free tutorials on the web that cover the three main things you absolutely must know and understand about photography. That would be ISO, aperture and shutter speed. All three things are related and if you change one, the others must change as well.

When you understand that, you can take control of your dSLR and get the shot, or make it more interesting. All those things are now automatically controlled by a point and shoot, and in most cases you can't take control, so most people don't even know what those three things mean or even are.

Understand that dSLRs are money pits. The lenses aren't cheap, and in some cases can cost way more than the camera. Software like photoshop elements, memory cards, camera bags, straps, tripods, flashes, LCD protectors, all cost money. You'll get a lens, and later you want a different focal length, or a better lens, then you want a better dSLR, it can go on and on.

Read, read, read, that's my advice. When you want to take a break from all that, look for dSLR reviews. Entry level models like the Sony Alpha A230, Canon's XS or XSi, and Nikon's D3000 are a good place to start and in the 500-600 dollar range. Of the big three, only Sony Alphas have image stabilization in the body, so it's always stable. Canon and Nikon do it in the lens, and not every lens has it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment