Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Which of these three cameras is the better deal?

Q. First, I want opinions from people who know what they are talking about. If you don't currently own a DSLR and don't have experience working with them, I don't want your answer. This is a serious decision. I'm on a tight budget as a college student, yet I need this camera for my major and my future.

Here are the camera's I've found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-NIKON-D60-D-SLR-CAMERA-18-55-VR-3-LENS-16GB-KIT_W0QQitemZ110465670647QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item19b8445df7

http://cgi.ebay.com/CANON-REBEL-T1i-EOS-500D-SLR-CAMERA-3-LENS-8GB-KIT_W0QQitemZ170424621257QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item27ae1958c9

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Canon-EOS-Digital-Rebel-T1i-Camera-18-55mm-lens-kit_W0QQitemZ250559179732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item3a567dabd4

Two of them are new and one is refurbished. I don't have any Nikon/Canon loyalties and I haven't decided which one I like better. So I'm up for either as this will be my first DSLR. I know that the Canon t1i is a "better" camera...but is it really? I don't care about shooting video and that seems to be the reason the t1i is so expensive. Do you think there are any flaws or catches with these cameras? Can you find me something better?

Just to give you an idea of what I'm going to be shooting: I will be taking photos for Journalism classes. I enjoy taking photos on my own and what to get better at it. I enjoy taking macro shots and photos outdoors because that's what I'm good at. I would like to get better at shooting inside, though as well. I want great image quality. I've played with DSLRs before and I've taken a photojournalism class. I'm also really good at figuring things out...so complexity isn't really an issue. I was drawn to the d60 because I'm pretty small myself, and I want to be able to comfortably hold the camera...though I don't want size to be a deterrent.

I want to stay under $900.

Thanks!
I am wanting a camera for journalism. I need a DSLR for classes at school. I'm a beginner who knows what they're doing more than the average beginner. I simply cannot afford the uber professional camera right now. This is what I am stuck with for now. I'm looking for advice, not elitist comments. Thanks.


Answer
Here is my advice, both Canon and Nikon are excellent brands, so pick the camera you like most. Once you have picked that camera, then I would start off with the short zoom that so often is avaiable with the camera, most likely it will be a 18-55mm zoom which is a great versatile lens.

Buy new, and check some options other than just ebay.

Next advice regarding Nikon, look at the D3000 and the D5000 which are current Nikon models. The D60 has been discontinued and the two I list will be better overall to invest in.

Here are the basic prices I have seen recently.

Nikon D3000 10MP DSLR Digital Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens - $490
Nikon D5000 12MP DSLR Digital Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens - $696
Canon EOS Rebel T1i (500D) 15MP DSLR w/EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens - $769

Below are links, some are for you if you want to research the cameras and the others are photo dealers.

Hope this helps.

Mark

What's the best camera? Avid photographers please...?




Nadine


I am getting a digital camera for my boyfriend. He is a beginner (and so am I)! But I would like to get him a nice camera which he would enjoy taking photos with. I have found these cameras which are on my price range, and I would like someone's opinion who knows about them a little better than me. I have heard that the Canon EOS 500D is a really good one, but what about the others? What's the difference? What seems like the best deal? :) Opinions appreciated! :)

1. Sony A230 10MP DSLR kit W/ 18-55 + 75-300 lens $550.

2. Nikon D5000 12MP, 18-55 VR + 55-200VR $840.

3. Canon REBELX51 2 lens kit $760.

4. Nikon D3000 kit 18-55, $500

5. Canon EOS 500D Rebel T1i 15.1 w/ EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Kit $650



Answer
Bear in mind that dSLRs are all basically the same. The D3000 has the advantage of being the cheapest in your list. It also has an on-screen "tutor" feature beginners may appreciate. At it's price, the A230 with two lenses is a winner! If you get without the second lens, it will be a hundred dollars cheaper than the D3000.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment