Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What zoom setting do I use on a Canon DSLR lens to equal 24x on a FujiFilm S3280 camera?




kfinpgh


I own a Fujifilm Finepix S3280 24x zoom camera and just got a Canon Rebel t3i DSLR camera. What are equivalent DSLR lens settings for the zoom factor on the Fujifilm camera? I have a couple of additional lenses for the DSLR, but want to compare "apples to apples". Thanks.


Answer
Once you left the P&S arena, you have got to buy different lenses to cover similar focal lengths to your S3280

The zoom lens with the most range would be the 18-200 mm lens (11x) in P&S terms.

I can use four lenses on my dSLR to produce the most focal lengths usually needed when shooting assignments

* 14-24 mm
* 24-70 mm
* 70-200 mm
* 200-400 mm

In P&S terms, those lenses equal about 28x

If you visit this site, you will see what it costs to purchase those four lenses.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Camera-Lenses/All-Lenses/index.page

When you went from owning a P&S to a dSLR system, you certainly jumped into the deep end of the photographic pool

Cheap Camera / Expensive Camera..how much difference?




Ty77


I'm thinking about buying my very first DSLR camera, which will be one of my first cameras. I own a Nikon L100 but it just isn't very reliable, it's a little sluggish and it doesn't take quick action shots...even on a bright day. Anyways I had my eye on the Canon Rebel XS (18-55mm lens) but I'm a bit confused on a few things. First of all the zoom is very short, and secondly, on the Canon website, this particular lens doesn't work well for objects closer then about 5 feet either. But on my Point&Shoot Nikon I can get fantastic macro photos + 15x zoom for distance shots...so why are DSLR lens so expensive? I've seen them go 2-3x the cost of the body itself...should I just stick with my L100 then for trips/vacations? And what are the extra benefits for a DSLR besides choosing your own aperture/shutter speed, etc...?


Answer
Here are two cameras side by side, the Canon XS (1000D) and Nikon D5000.

Here is how they stack up technically in the important factors.

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/Image-Quality-Database/Compare-cameras/(appareil1)/320%7C0/(appareil2)/268%7C0/(onglet)/0/(brand)/Nikon/(brand2)/Canon

And feature wise here:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=canon_eos1000d,nikon_d5000&show=all

Enjoy your new camera

You really cannot compare a P&S camera to a DSLR. One is like a row boat and the other like a motor-sailer

Yes, if you are satisfied with the quality you get from your L100, take it on vacations, but you will never get the quality from it you will from a much larger sensor like the DSLR's have.

Here is a shot taken using an old Nikon D100 while traveling.

http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab182/fotomanaz/Answers%20album/?action=view&current=iSVReality.jpg&newest=1




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment